• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay from Morrisons...

p_prod_uk

Mama Doe
Hi guys, I had to get some 'emergency' hay the other day from Morrisons and was planning to go and buy better hay the next day from Pets @ Home... only thing is...the buns ADORE the Morrisons hay!! Much more so than the pets@home hay. It smells much nicer than the pets at home stuff too!

Is this hay good enough for the buns to eat, or should it only be used as bedding? (Can't remember the name on the pack though)

Thanks in advance!

I brought some Morrisons hay as an emergency today too, and also my bunnies seem to love it! It doesn't seem to dusty to me and was lovely and green, and very sweet smelling so I dont think its too bad. Only problem is its £1.25 for a tiny pack.

whooooop whoooop go bunnies :D:D:D:D

if i could id get my pair back onto the tescos hay, but nope they are hay snobs...if they gobbling it all up it has to be good :D:D

fabulous!! I couldn't believe how mad they are for it!! I paid about £4 and the pack was quite large and very tightly packed in, so it's lasting ages! Will have to stock up on it then!!
Thanks guys!! :D

i think the hay from morrisons is much better than pah hay ;)i jave just bought a big bale for £5.25 from a horse feed store:)

i think morrisons is better from PAH, but then i dont know many bunnies that really like PAH hay. most of our boarders that come here turn into horses gobbling the hay and all the owners end up shocked, and when i ask where the hay is from they normally say pets at home! :lol:

mmm maybe I should pop in to the local morrisons....they are currently eating dustfree hay but I always forget to order it in time :lol::lol:

Frank survived on it for nearly a year before he came to live with me and a bit longer after that until I got a bale from a farm.

Mine also don't exactly like Wilkinsons hay but will settle for it if nothing else is on offer.

I haven't tried Morrison's hay, once had to buy Wilkinson's hay, Deej ate it as he'll eat any hay, but I found it very dry and yellow compared to the hay I normally get him from the pet shop.

I might get some to try next time!!

Though I think I have turned Bella in to a hay snob after getting her the burns green oat hay I can't get her to eat anything else as enthusiastically. However feeding a giant on just green oat hay is getting pretty expensive!:roll::roll::roll:

Back