• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Holidaying Buns?

Scamps Mummy

Young Bun
Hi everyone

Not sure which section to put this into, just want to see what people think...

We're thinking of going to Centreparcs and taking our buns with us as we've got nobody who'll be able to look aftern them as they are such a handful! The travelling will only be for about an hour by car - I think there shouldn't be a problem if we give them lots of hay and cucumber as a water substitute. The only problem is getting our girl bun into the carrier but once she's in there she seems ok, the only other time they go in the car is to the vets which is a 10 min journey at most

So when we get to Centreparcs they'll have the same cages they have at home and let them out supervised.

Has anyone taken their buns on hols? I dont know what rules Centreparcs have on this sort of thing - I know you pay extra if you take dogs

This sounds like a really good idea if you can get the ok from centreparcs, I get the feeling they may be quite strange about it though. The main thing I would be worried about though is security if they're outdoor bunnies.

I've just been looking on their website of terms and conditions . . .

Says no other pets excepts dogs allowed. Boo

They are house rabbits so would've been kept indoors anyway

They don't look like they'll consider anything except dogs in their villas

If you have a challet thingy will anyone actually know if you take the buns?
If they are indoor buns can't you just sneak them in? If they have a maid service then you will get discovered but if not I don't see how anyone will know?

Rabswood

If you have a challet thingy will anyone actually know if you take the buns?
If they are indoor buns can't you just sneak them in? If they have a maid service then you will get discovered but if not I don't see how anyone will know?

Rabswood

:lol: Fab idea! :lol: Made me chuckle xXx

I rang them to ask if we could take buns. They said no - when I said we'd keep them inside they said we couldn't take them in case the next people have allergies! I mentioned that people are allergic to take dogs and they still let them take them in!

Might have to persuade some of our lovely family to look after them :D

What a ridiculous response from Centreparcs, how on earth is the hair from a dog and the risk of it peeing, pooing, and chewing the place to bits any different to a house rabbit that would only be let out supervised and would be in a secure crate or whatever at all other times:roll:

Back