• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

About to attempt to bond a 4

clarem

Warren Scout
I am about to attempt to bond my boy Billy with my threesome. Billy lost his partner about 4 weeks ago and has been living on his own. These buns have all been together in various combinations in the past but bonding has never been successful because Billy was very close to his partner Jasmin and they didn't want any intrusions.

I have the pen all set up and ready to go but I know this is not going to be easy and am very nervous, I have my broom at the ready :) Bonding vibes needed please.

good luck :thumb: We're on day two of a rebond of a male in with a trio of one male and two females - this time it seems to be going a lot better!!

Hope it goes well :)

About half-an-hour in and abit of argy bargy, but nothing to serious. Can anyone tell me though why rabbits flop?

I thought it was only when they were completely relaxed, but three of them have tried to do it, even though they are in quite a stressfull situation

I think it might be because they want to show the other buns that they are relaxed and not afraid of them. 'Hey, I see you, but I'm not fussed by you.'

sounds like the bonding is going well

We don't seem to be making much progress though I know it is early days yet. The trio are sat on one side of the pen and Billy on the other. The flash point seems to be Billy and Marley who when they go near each other try to fight :(

Sounds exactly how ours started out!!! - Malone alone on one side and the other three together on the other side.
We tried to make the space smaller, but it seemed to put more stress on the situation and there was a fair bit of fur pulling. We ended up splitting them during the week and have rebonded this weekend, which seems pretty successful (they're all living together in their new home now). We gave them a bit of space back for this bond, so Malone could get away if he needed to - we also took them for a drive before starting the bond and that seemed to help :thumb:

Good luck, hope it goes well

The two boys seem to be getting nearer each other but I can see that Billy and Marley are going to be the problem :) I attempted to bond Marley with Billy and Jasmin last year and all went well for a few weeks until Jasmin decided she didn't like Marley and Billy joined in. They had a fight and Billy got Marley on her back, she kicked out and caught his ear which is now split down the middle :( Maybe they still remember?? If these two don't get on I will have to abandon the foursome cause I don't want to split my trio who are happy together.

U/D with photos

All is going well in the bonding pen, we have had grooming and lieing together:D

We have gone from this:

4buns001.jpg

To this:

4buns009.jpg

About half-an-hour in and abit of argy bargy, but nothing to serious. Can anyone tell me though why rabbits flop?

I thought it was only when they were completely relaxed, but three of them have tried to do it, even though they are in quite a stressfull situation

Its a bunny insult! they are saying "I see you're of no importance, you're not a threat to me"
:D

Back