• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding photos

cazh

Warren Scout
I've been putting it off since yesterday but after wimping out for a day and a half I decided to just do it. So equipped with gardening gloves and a thick jumper to avoid scratchesI brought both the boys up to their temporary set up and let them loose.

P5241045.jpg

It was pretty scary. At first they just ignored each other, George seemed more interested in the spinach...

P5241046.jpg

Then they came to sniff each other and there was a bit of nipping. I couldn't really tell if it was full on biting or whether it was just a nip because whenever they came near each other I couldn't help myself separating them (i know that's really bad but i was too scared!). I tried to keep them apart for 10seconds and then left them to it. Again, they just kept themselves to themselves. George finally relaxed and even stretched out...

P5241040.jpg

However, a few minutes later Black Jack approached and there was a little scuffle.

P5241039.jpg

At this point I took them out. I guess it wasn't too bad seeing as they were able to tolerate each other in the same pen without killing each other. But on the other hand when they did come close it looked like they might hurt each other. I don't know whether to wait until I have a free 72 hours where I can sit and observe them (the pen is in my spare room so i'd be able to watch them and sleep in that room), or whether to introduce them for a short period a day (today was only 10 minutes) and gradually build up the time...

Bonding is very scary!!!!

You would be better off putting them together and just leaving them to it. Sort out a weekend, start on the Friday evening and then see how it goes. All three of my pair bondings where no bother (all boy/girl though) and by Sunday they where fine, although I didn't move them back to permenant place until5/7 days.

I think its better just to put them together rather than putting them together than taking them away again, then putting them back together.

Yes I think i'll probably do that. I was just curious to see how they'd react when put together and although there were a few scuffles it wasn't too bad so hopefully a weekend will be all i'll need.

It is really nerve racking, Ive done 3 pair bonding and a 4some. Just follow the advice from here re: neuteral territory and having something to hand to seperate them.

remember to neutralise the place they are going back to too

Back