• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit making a snorty noise???

poppymoon

Wise Old Thumper
had to pick eric up last night as he just refused point blank to go to bed and i was sooooo tired. he was fine whilst i carried him but as i neared his cage he made a noise (first time ever!). it was like a blowing noise thro his nose, i suppose the human equivalent would be 'hhhhmmmpppphhh'.

what is this noise classed as? what may it mean? (i'm thinking it means 'how DARE you mummy'))

x

My boys do exactly the same when I go to pick them up, it's a bit squeeky too. It just means oh bother, i don't want to be picked up

Yeah, Sherbert does this when I go to pick her up. I think it just means they're a little annoyed :)
I worried loads the first time she did it, because none of my previous rabbits have made noises hehe :D

yup my Piper did it, and Phoebe has started doing it. It usally means for my lot " ah fiddlesticks mummys caught me to go to bed" :lol:

My boys do exactly the same when I go to pick them up, it's a bit squeeky too. It just means oh bother, i don't want to be picked up

yeah, that's it! a bit squeaky too. kinda squeak and blow your nose all in one:lol:

i don't usually pick him up at all but by half 11 last night - after trying to get him to bed for an hour - i'd had enough:evil: i was tempted to allow him to stay up all night but he's a bit mischievous.....

Back