• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cherry tree twigs

BunnyBekkie

Warren Veteran
I know bunnies can have apple tree twigs, but can they have cherry?? My neighbour has a huge cherry blossom tree (she's never seen it have cherries on it and she's lived there for ages) and she was gardening today and cut some branches off. I mentined to her about apple twigs and we were wondering if bunnies can have cherry too?

i think.... any stone bearing tree has toxic sap in the branches

i have a load of plum tree branches in my cupboard that im too scared to give to the rabbits and someone on the chippie forum said they should be ok once dried out

so i have no idea really if dried out stuff becomes safe or not :?

i think.... any stone bearing tree has toxic sap in the branches

i have a load of plum tree branches in my cupboard that im too scared to give to the rabbits and someone on the chippie forum said they should be ok once dried out

so i have no idea really if dried out stuff becomes safe or not :?

We've never seen it with fruit on though :? It has pink blossom, I'm not sure if that makes a difference. My cherry tree (which has fruit on) has white blossom so I don't know if Rose's tree would class as a stone bearing tree??

I doubt the fact it hasn't fruited yet makes the internal composition of the wood any different. And cherry blossom can vary in colour, it's still cherry blossom. ;)

No drupe (single stone) wood for bunnies. if you're not 100%, don't risk it.

I doubt the fact it hasn't fruited yet makes the internal composition of the wood any different. And cherry blossom can vary in colour, it's still cherry blossom. ;)

No drupe (single stone) wood for bunnies. if you're not 100%, don't risk it.

Fair enough :)
Rose's tree has been there since the building has, possible older (the flats were built in the mid 80's) but my tree is only a couple of years old. I bought it last year as a cherry tree, and it's fruited - Yippeee!!

From what i have read cherry and plum trees are poisonous until they have dried out as it is the sap that is the problem. But I have no idea how long it takes to make them safe so avoid them to be on the safe side :)

Back