• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My poor little bunnycat :(

BunnyBekkie

Warren Veteran
Well, Summer seems to be arriving. It's a beatiful cloud free sunny day, Wuzzle & Peaches are in thier run under a parasol and Nibbles and Wookie have the run on their hutch.

Poor Nibbles doesn't do too well in the heat :( Poor little darling gets heatstroke really easily so she's currently bombing around my lovely cool living room. I found her crashed out in her hutch breathing really fast.

To make matters worse, my poor little girl is having the worst moult ever. Her fur is so short and patchy we took her to the vets over it, but she's fine. She's lost so much round her head she looks so skinny, an she lost a bit between her eyes so it looks like she has massive eyebrows at the min :lol:

Could you send cooling vibes for my little princess please?

Also, doe anyone have any tips for bunnies with heatstroke?

Poor Nibbles

If he has heatstroke she will need to see a vet as she will need fluids.

But to help prevent her getting to hot try using an ice pod for her to lie against or the ceaper version an old cke bottle with frozen water in wrapped in an old tea towel.

I also use fans on my indoor bus.

If she does get over hot and you catch it quickly try putting a damp towel over her for a while. I have used that on several occassions with my piggies with great success

The poor little thing had heatstroke as a baby and ended up at the vets.

I don't know why it's just her though, all the other bunnies are fine. She's not even the fluffiest :?

Migth be worth getting her a fan then :)

I have found some of my bunnies/piggies more susceptible to heat and it isn't necessarily the fluffiest or oldest :?

She loved her fan when we lved at my mums, but my mum claimed it when we moved and I keep forgettin to buy her a new one.
She has a 2 storey hutch though and tends to hide in the bedroom bit of her hutch if she's hot s I don't knw where I'd place it blowing :? Biscuit loved it when she had a fan too, we'd obviously put it outside the hutch blowing in and she used to sit right up against the wire getting as close to it as possible. It was ace!! :lol:

Oh bless her :love:

It might be worth putting wet towels over the sleeping compartment if she is in there on really hot days.:)

I think I will do :)

I would like to see Wookie sat in front of a fan though. He looks funny enough when it's just windy :love:

Back