• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Bunny Sinus.

christina83

Warren Scout
Hi everyone, i have a question about rabbit sinus.
I'll explain what happened.
Basil had dental surgery 2 weeks ago, and the vet more or less filed his back teeth right down. He now has a runny eye and sinus (we know its sinus from the dental as we took him to see the vet again on thursday and the vet checked him over).
The vet gave him anti inflammorary drugs and painkillers (which he has every day) but he still sounds sniffley, and I was wondering if menthol or something could help him out a little.
Any suggestions would be really appreciated :)
Thanks xx

teethovergrow2.jpg

usually runny eye means you are dealing w/ the above diagram.

So I would recommend an x-ray that goes around the head to see if you are dealing w/ the above

Oh, I would of thought the vet would have checked for this when he was under anesthetic when he had his teeth done.
His gums are still very sore and irritated and she said thats why he has the sinus.
The vets we take him to specializes in small animals.

Back