• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

DO NOT BUY "Naturals Carrot Pellets" Bin them!!!

vicki267

Mama Doe
If you haven't already seen my post about Stevie have a look. Three bunnies on this forum have recently choked on them and are all very lucky to still be here.

This product should require a warning :?

He only choked last night and only just found out about the other two buns.

No doubt I will be writing to them once I have caught up on my sleep!

They are thinner than usual pellets, and quite hard. Mine had those before, without problems. It's worth writing to the manufacturer, though. Maybe they should press them into a different shape.

I have given them to numerous Buns without a problem :?
The ones I bought were about the same shape and size as A+P pellets :?

Last edited:
I have given them to numerous Buns without a problem :?
The ones I bought were about the same shape and size as A+P pellets :?

They are about the same size but I think they are harder than A+P pellets so maybe that is the difference.

I had used them for quite a few years myself before Brendan choked with no problem, but now wouldn't take the risk as there are so many other treats available. If Brendan was a dental bunny or had other health issues I would have put it down to that but besides that one choking episode he has never had a days illness in his life :?

A customer has just left some as a treat for her buns whilst they are away, I have now binned them - thanks for the warning and I am so sorry about your bun going through this. I will let her know when she returns.

yes i always thought they looked hard and thin soo never bought them i have got the treats shaped like carrots they like those

Would you say the risk is the same with piggies ? I'm not very good with rabbit/guinea pig physiology/biology so I'm not sure if it would still apply

I guess there is a similar risk to piggies.

i originally bought them for my degu's who loved them. They would hold them in their front paws and nibble them so there is unlikely to be any risk of choking.

Obviously rabbits and piggies have to take them whole into their mouths so there would be a higher risk of choking. I guess that as a guinea pig is smaller the pellets in comparison are bigger for them so this could possibly make it less likely :?

Back