• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Picking up a baby bun..

Benjamin09

Young Bun
Cheddar's getting a bit more confident when I hold him now, and is starting to fidget instead of just freezing... so just checking for any tips, as when I pick him up, I put my hand under the bum like you're meant too, but being he's got such a tiny bum, I scoop up his back legs too and then he tries to bounce off..

He never has far to go until he reaches my body - but its just a big awkward for that slight moment when I dont know what he's going to do next..

Any suggestions for now until he gets big enough to distinguish between bum and legs?

before you pick him up, make sure you pet him first and rub his head to calm him then pick him up, make the picking up as short as possible and gradly increase over time till he gets used to be being picked up. it's a slow proccess but well worth it if you keep at it as it means he'll be easier handle when his bum needs check and for general vet checks. just be persistent and patient and try not to corner him. ;)

Back