• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Putting Jazz back outside

Jazzy B Bunny

Wise Old Thumper
i'm seriously considering it, as he seems to do ok when outside during the day I am bringing him in at nights at the moment, but I'm pretty sure he prefers being outside. What do you think?

You can't. You have keep your bun indoor in a warm room, as he can't fight the cold or the wind at night or non-sunny day and fight whatever health problem he has.

The heat boost up the immune system

Back in 2005, I experiment w/ cutting down the heat in the house (due to serious $$ debt), back then, I wasn't a member here and I don't know much about bunnies. The person I spoke to say even a -20 deg. C, these buns don't mind.

So the house is at about 10 deg. C or so. Then on Dec. 27, 2004, it's a chinook week so I let my bun Little Happy to hop outside. Turns out his penis touch the soil and has a bacteria infection. But I didn't know until a few days later.

The vet treated him w/ ABX, and he's been living w/ me in an oil heater room since after. But to this date, I have my doubt that his own body's immune sys. may have been able to fight off the bacteria if the dining room (the place he likes to stay) is warm. A few mth. later, the bacteria is cured, but 3 mth. later, he died of liver cancer, so I always blame myself for the above incident.

What you want to do is up to you.

Sorry to hear that.
its not a case of what I want to do, because I'd love them to be house bunnies I really would.. its just my family :(

I would just use your own judgement. The nights are fairly warm at the moment. It's a difficult call but if you think he would prefer it outside? You know Jazz better than anyone x

My indoor buns are out in their runs all day and come back in at night.It is probably hotter in the garden during the day than it is in the house at night at the moment :)

what about the wind to a sick bunny? Is it strong wind lately? Over here, it's very windy the other day, I can't even cut the lawn

Back