• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Concerned about Opal u/d everything appears to be ok now :)

oscarbunny

Warren Veteran
Opal and The Benjamin (although i am concerned that it might just be Opal) are drinking quite a lot of water. More so than what they used to drink. This is a new thing that has just started happening, although I can't pinpoint whether it started prior to post panacur treatment. They are currently on day 15 of a 28day course of panacur. I was hoping that one of the side effects of the medicine was drinking alot. When I say drinking alot. If i were to fill the water bottle up on the morning (full) I would have to refill it again before bed.

My concern is that with what happened to my Polo could be happening to Opal with them being related. Opal is healthy in every other respect and has a good weight. She isn't weeing everywhere like Polo was either.

Last edited:
I guess you need to find out how much the water bottle holds and work out how much they are drinking within 24hrs to see it its excessive. Theres a post on here somewhere which says the average amount of water for bodyweight in 24hrs.

In my (limited) experience of Panacur treatment I have not found it to induce more water drinking.

I guess if it has got warmer lately or they are eating more hay or less watery veg this would alter the amount of water they would drink.

I would consider these things before getting too concerned.

Hope this helps in some way.

Few questions:

What size is the water bottle ?
What is the weight of the Buns ?
Do they get much fresh Veg a day ?

The water bottle is 500mls I think. They get fresh veg once daily, on an evening. Opal weights around 2kg and Benjamin slightly less than this.

Just to let everyone know that their drinking has returned to what i would consider normal. They are now drinking between 200-300mls daily as opposed to 500ml +

Thanks for the help

Back