• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Suitable for a house bunny?

Jake14

Young Bun
Hi, im new here, and doing lots of research before taking the plunge into rabbits. Well, i've been looking at lots of different possiblities for housing, and liked the look of NIC cubes, but I would rather have something more reliable, now, the bun would be in my bedroom, and im home most the day so it would have free roam almost all day, and in a run outside when its nice. I was looking at this? - http://www.petsathome.com/find/cate...gory-is-2i03+pens+and+gates/product-is-V00225 - but the only problem i could see is the material?.

Or this? - http://www.petsathome.com/find/cate...s-2I+Kennels+pens+and+flaps/product-is-V00411
Or can anyone else point me in a good direction?. The 'rabbit indoor cages' are 150+ my way :cry:

Last edited:
Hi there and it's good to see you are doing your research before taking on a bun. There is a lot more to it than meets the eye as I am sure you will be aware.

The first option I would say a no no as if your buns are anything like mine, there will be nothing left of it within a week!

The dog cage is a good option if they are not going to be cooped up in there all day. I would still say the NIC cubes would be a better option however. I know a lot of people swear by them on here.

Are you thinking of getting a pair? Have you had a look on rabbit rehome yet?

Look forward to seeing piccies when you have them settled in x

Hi there and it's good to see you are doing your research before taking on a bun. There is a lot more to it than meets the eye as I am sure you will be aware.

The first option I would say a no no as if your buns are anything like mine, there will be nothing left of it within a week!

The dog cage is a good option if they are not going to be cooped up in there all day. I would still say the NIC cubes would be a better option however. I know a lot of people swear by them on here.

Are you thinking of getting a pair? Have you had a look on rabbit rehome yet?

Look forward to seeing piccies when you have them settled in x
Hi, I always do before getting a pet :). And im hopeing to rescue yes. The NIC cubes knowing my luck i wont be able to find anywhere, so i think the best would be a dog cage. And it wouldnt be kept up all day, my lizards are out more than me!. They all take turns, bless them!. The bun would have free range almost all day, it's more of a 'sleeping' area at night really, or if i need to go out. I've had piggies before, their cage was my bedroom!:roll:. thanks for your help:D

Hi :) The fabric one probably wouldn't be a good idea because it's fabric and would get chewed, it would be hard to clean and it doesn't look big enough for a bunny to be shut away in. A dog crate like the one in your second link would be better, you can get them on ebay for quite cheap as well like this one

I use NIC cubes, they're great because you can make the cage as big as you want to fit the space you have. I got mine from this place but I know some B&Q stores have them as well http://www.robertmay.co.uk/pdf/page60.pdf

The dog crates are good but you will have to get the biggest one (118cm i think) You can add another level to it to give the buns more space while they are in there. The fabric kennels look good, but they're not bunny resistant unfortunately!!

Back