• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

U/D Morgan's Recovering

Bellikinz

Warren Scout
Hello, hello! :wave:

Only three days till Morgan gets the operation. I'm a mess of worry and excitment. So much good could come out of it, yet there still is a chance of bad. I'm not supposed to fast her due to her digestive system and all of that. I'm sure you all know better than I. :roll:

Anyways, she's going in on the 25th and coming back on the 26th. Please send my girl some good vibes. :D

Last edited:
...'I'm a mess of worry and excitment. '.......
cant say i ever felt this way;)....the worry i can understand but i dont recall ever jumping for joy
nonetheless vibes for morgan.

Yes, I bet I sounded a bit odd saying the excitment bit. But it's just I've looked so long for a good vet and to get everything set-up and finally the appointment is booked. I guess you could say I'm excited to get it over? I told, I have many mixed feelings. Thanks. :)

I know how you feel (maybe not the excitement part! :lol:) My Veterinary Surgery was (and still is so fantastic). My two were spayed nearly 4 months ago now; I was a big bag of worry the whole time! I missed them sooo much as they had to stay overnight in the Veterinary Surgery. They’ve recovered fine and it really was for the best. I really hope all goes well for you x

Oh, tomorrow morning she's going in! I'm so nervous. :(
I'm trying to do everything I can, but what if she already has cancer? That's my ultimate worry. She's nearly two, I suppose. I never got an exact birthday from her previous owner (didn't even meet the actual 'owner') but her birthday was around summer. If she has cancer, I don't know what I would do. I'll just have to wait until tomorrow.

She went in on Monday and we got her back yesterday. We talked to the vet and he said that she looks absolutely normal, and healthy. Her teeth are great, she has nice ears, and her nails were clipped. She doesn't have cancer. Wow, it's such a relief to know that she's fine. :D

I'm keeping her inside for a few more days and cleaning her cage every two days. Does that sound like to often, or not enough? Oh! I forgot to say that she drank right after that op. and when she got home I gave her some greens. She immediately ate those, and is still eating and pooping. Who would think I'd get such joy from the fact that my rabbit is pooing? :roll::lol: Her new hutch just needs to get furnished and stained then she can move in. I'm very happy about the results. :D

Yeah, I'm unbelievably happy. Finally she's out of the woods, cancer wise. :D

I've read on here that 3 or 4 days is enough recovery time inside the house. Should I start to get her used to outside, again? Advice please!

Back