• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

U/D Photos Of Helen & Baby Saint.

Tuckerbunnies

Wise Old Thumper
This is how they looked when they were abused and dumped at the side of a busy road in St Helens, Merseyside on the 1st April 2009.

MUM HELEN.

31-3-094.jpg

BABY SAINT.

1-4-09.jpg

THIS IS THEM NOW.

21-5-09001.jpg

21-5-09005.jpg

21-5-09006.jpg

21-5-09013.jpg

21-5-09003.jpg

21-5-09008.jpg

21-5-09024.jpg

:love: :love: :love: :love:

Oh my god, how could anybody do that?? :censored: The poor little souls, I am so glad they are in a happy place now. They are gorgeous:love:

Noooooooooooooo they are nice tears! :D:D:D Look at them, they are gorgeous, love the one of Saint playing with the carrot. Mum is adorable, happy tears, not sad tears! :lol:

Is Mummy a bit of a porker like Lucy?

AHH GOOD' they are rather gorgeous and to think the Vet wanted to put Saint to sleep, but Gwen at Bunny Burrows wouldn't let her. We are so glad :love::love:

Helen was so fat when she was found we all thought she was pregnant again but it turned out to be fatty tissue and was removed by the vet and so she is a lot thinner than she use to be, Bless her.

Last edited:
Saint is adorable, the work you have done is amazing, absolutely wonderful.:)

The look in Helens face on the first pic gets me so much as if she is scared but knows you want to help.

The look in Helens face on the first pic gets me so much as if she is scared but knows you want to help.

A lot of it is down to Gwen and John at Bunny Burrows Rescue in North Yorkshire, we collected them for BB and took them over to Richmond the next day and decided to take them on as we had fell in love with them and knew they may be hard to rehome with Saint being blind and disabled, we have a blind bunny already so another was no problem. We collected them on the
2nd May and brought them to live here with us and the 12 other rescues we have got. :)

she was absolutely terrified, I think she thought we were going to hurt her and her baby.

Disgusting - however did that to them needs to be put in a bag and beaten then left on the side of the road themselves :evil: :censored:

They look sooo sooo much better now :love::love: Gorgeous little buns :love:

is there a thread with their story? id like to read it, poor buns

Helen and Saint were found dumped by a busy road in St Helens, Merseyside by 2 girls who were out jogging. One of the girls rang Bunny Burrows rabbit and guinea pig rescue centre in Richmond, North Yorkshire and they rang us as when we can we help out and we are not far from St Helens. My Husband went up to collect them and brought them home what a state they were in. Mum Helen was alive down her back with mites, overgrown nails and a dirty bottom, she is slightly twisted and her legs splay to the side when she walks and she was constantly scratching with the mites. Baby Saint's eyes were closed and when my husband bathed them pus came oozing out, she was also very smelly and dehydrated and had a deformed leg.
We took them the following morning to BB in Richmond, North Yorkshire and left them with Gwen and John. They were taken to BB's vet and we did think Helen was pregnant again but it was fluid which was removed by the vet and she was also spayed.
Baby had some eye surgery, and the vet thinks someone had tried to poke out her eyes, she is now blind, she also has a dislocated pelvis and a deformed leg and we think someone has stood on her in some way.
Gwen at BB thinks someone tried to 'neck' Helen but was unsuccessful leaving her with damaged nerves hence her twisted shape and we think she has limited sight in her left eye. We couldn't help but fall in love with these 2 special buns and decided to give them a home and we collected them on the 2nd May and they are now happy and content in their 'forever home'. :love:

You can read about them here on 'Charlottes Diary' on the BB website
http://www.communigate.co.uk/ne/bunnyburrows/page36.phtml

Last edited:
Thats really made me cry and completely sick to my stomach :( Its just so horrible

How can people be so cruel :censored: :cry:

I'm so so so glad you've taken them in and given them the loving forever home that they deserve :love:

Back