• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've only just got him so want to check its normal...

Benjamin09

Young Bun
I've got a young bun, only got him yesterday so I'm not sure if this is just normal behaviour or something to worry about.

My bun only seems to nibble one or two of them soft tiny grouped up poos he's meant to eat, then hops off to eat more hay.. are they meant to eat all of them or just a few?

Also, he's hardly touched his breakfast and its now 10hrs later.. I put a hand full of russell rabbit in as its what he's used too, and it doesn't look like he's being fussy - he just doesnt seem too interested in it?

So is OK for him not to be eating much of it? He's constantly got a bit of hay in his mouth so theres no problem in the hay department :)

Last edited:
he should be eating most of them yeah so if there is spare lying around i would say hes having some gut issues such as maybe ure feeding to mayne pellets or veg???:wave:

He's on a meusli so no pelletts (want to convert in in next month or so though), and I havent given him any veg to date yet, but apparantly he'd been eating small amounts of carrot and apple at his previous home..

Could a change in hay effect him?

it could or maybe its just the stress of moving etc the more hay the better so i would cut down he muesli and just make sure hes eating lots of hay:D

Aw, sounds like he's keen on his hay, brilliant:)

Once you begin the changeover to pellets you will soon see fewer excess caecotrophes (soft poos). O

As long as he's eating lots of hay I wouldn't be too worried. Give him a little bit of time to settle into the place and routine. You're doing the right thing feeding what he is used to even if it's not your preferred option. Waiting a while for him to settle then gradually swapping is definitely the way to go :)

Back