• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Free Panacur (x1)

tigerangel

Warren Veteran
Hello :wave:

I have a spare (sealed & boxed) tube of Panacur going free to anyone who genuinely needs it for a poorly bunny. I got it last year at the vets but didn’t really need it, and it’s been sat in my Bunny First Aid box ‘just in case’. As it’s now 5 months away from its use-by date I think I really should pass it on whilst it’s still of use to someone else.

I’d prefer that it goes to a rescue (or similar) if possible, no offence to individual owners here, but most of us can afford to buy our own and don’t have to rely on donations and freebies.

The use-by date is 10/2009 and I can post it out Tuesday of next week. I’ll sort out postal details with the first to claim :wave:

There was a thread about Panacur, what was the verdict on it, is it worth giving them it as a preventative measure or not?

If not, I have some going spare too :)

I do agree with the mostly ‘not-needed’ opinion of Panacur on a healthy rabbit (hence why I never used it on Luna ;) ) but having had an E.C/headtilt bunny previously, I know poorly bunnies do greatly benefit from it :D

chloaster, can you PM me a postal address? I will get it sent off to you on Tuesday when I get back from London :)

chloaster, can you PM me a postal address? I will get it sent off to you on Tuesday when I get back from London :)

Will do - thank you very much! :D

I agree the 9day course is a money spinner but the 28day course for EC is definately beneficial - Thumper had the head tilt before and a combined 28day course of panacur and Baytril got him back on track :D

I agree the 9day course is a money spinner but the 28day course for EC is definately beneficial - Thumper had the head tilt before and a combined 28day course of panacur and Baytril got him back on track :D

So if its not necessary and I'm not going to be a bad bunny mummy and you won't bunny nap Ebs because I haven't given her panacur... would you like mine too? :)

Did he have a 28day baytril course too? Jazz has a 7 day at the moment and 28 day course of panacur. not sure if it is EC yet though.

see i always agreed with you lot, but my vet said recently its been confirmed a 9 day course is all thats needed not 28 :?

but i didnt think thats ounded right

see i always agreed with you lot, but my vet said recently its been confirmed a 9 day course is all thats needed not 28 :?

but i didnt think thats ounded right

I thought it had been found that a 9 day course was no use for EC and a 6 week course is needed? :?

I thought it had been found that a 9 day course was no use for EC and a 6 week course is needed? :?

thats the thing, she said to me and i said

"oh, i heard it was said that a 9 day course didnt do anything as it wasnt strong enough, neither was a 28?"

and she said "no thats what people used to think, not anymore though"

:?

Back