• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can I have some advice please :)

Rachel89

Mama Doe
Im not sure how long this will turn out so please bare with me :)

When we went to get blue we were also going to be coming back with a doe from his litter. Althought she hadnt been eating properlly for a few days and the breeder was worried about her so was going to take her to the vets to check her out as it wouldnt be fair to give us a bunny that could be ill.
We brang Blue home still as were advised he would be fine to then be introduced back to her in a week or two.
Sadly little bunny passed away :cry:

They have a couple black dutchs (which is what we were after) ready in a couple of weeks and suggested maybe if they have a doe if we wanted one of those as he would be fine to be introduced as they would both still be very young.

Blue has settled in so well and is a real people bunny and didnt really interact alot of his bunny siblings.
I emailed a couple of photos and videos over to the people and they suggested that he seems to have a good bod already and happy as larry maybe to keep him on his own.

Now I was wondering would it be fair on him or should he have a bunny friend?
I suffer from sever depression and this is also a reason we got him, I will be around with him until about 1 in the afternoon then back at 6pm, im worried he may get abit bored if hes on his own and maybe unfair.

As im all new to this bunny stuff (we bred guinea pigs before but there abit different) what would you advise? Keep him on his own or get him a bunny friend?

Thankyou and sorry its soooooo long :oops:

I'd say get a friend for your bunny,get them neutered so they can live happily together....they'll still love you but have company when you're not there and someone to snuggle up to at night. :)

Back