• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can I introduce my pair of adopted bunnies- thanks to BARC

jeanette177

Young Bun
Hi all,
I'd like to introduce my first pair of bunnies Rosie and Amstel. We brought them home from BARC on Monday evening and they have settled well in their new home. They were supposed to be for my daughter but I keep referring to them as my bunnies, the truth is we all love them very much. Rosie is very sweet (My daughter fell down and hurt her knee when saying goodbye to the bunnies before school and Rosie heard her crying and came running over to see her) and Amstel is quite a character he is protective of Rosie and likes things on his terms, I think Amstel thinks he is the man of the house and like most women Rosie lets him believe that when really she is the one wearing the trousers.
This is this first time we have had bunnies and I am so glad we have got them, it is well worth all the hard work and expense (I first thought we will do a little research, pop to the pet shop, pick up a bunny and a hutch, thank god I did my research first now I'm shouting out RESCUE BUNNIES everytime someone mentions they are thinking of getting a bunny from a pet shop and sticking them in a little box of a hutch).
Here are a few pics if I can get this to work.
DSCF0012.jpg

Rosie checking out her new garden
DSCF0031.jpg

Amstel saying hello
DSCF0017-2.jpg

DSCF0050.jpg

I would also like to give a big thank you to all the people at BARC for introducing us to our gorgeous bunnies and for all the wonderful work they do,
and my partner for building their wonderful home.
DSCF0028-1.jpg

I am so glad these GORGEOUS bunnies have got a forever home, thank you for posting these, you have made a sad day more brighter! :wave:

This is lovely to see
Rosie was originally a Honeybunny and was adopted out but sadly was then given up with her new partner Amstel who was from Barc
Here she is as a youngster ..(she was called Cotton at the time as her and her siblings were named after fabrics)
thought you and your daughter may like to see her as a baby:D

cotton.jpg

Your O/H did a fantastic job on their home:D

Thankyou so much for the info and pic Honeybunny my daughter will love it.
The hutch and run is a lot bigger than it looks in the photos he built it from scratch and spent evry weekend for the last three weeks building it in all weathers (he was even out there in the middle of a thunderstorm, when he came in that night he was wet through and freezing). He has insulated the sleeping area and the ramp that goes to the run can be bolted up at night and in cold weather so they are safer and warmer. He has never attempted anything like this before and I too think he has done a great job.

My neighbours must think I'm mad because I spend most of my day sat on the floor in the run with the bunnies, we are hoping to finish rabbit proofing the garden soon so that they can have the run of the whole garden when we are there and so we can have a more comfortable seat.

This has made my day!!! :love:

I was there previous owner :(

You've defined there characters perfectly :D :lol:

Give Amstel a yellow pages and see the damage he can do :shock: Also some soil to dig in :shock: He loves to dig :lol:

Rosie has grown up so much bless her, she is such a sweetie.

Best wishes to you and your family with these two :wave:

ETA - What a FAB hutch too :D :D

Thank You Natalie you obviously did a good job taking care of these two as they are sooooo friendly and adorable.
(just off to find a yellow pages)

Thank You Natalie you obviously did a good job taking care of these two as they are sooooo friendly and adorable.
(just off to find a yellow pages)

Thanks alot.

Rosie was a friendly bunny from day one. She is so laid back and goes with the flow.

Amstel on the other hand could be a bit of a handful bless him. He did seem to calm down alot. Im sure Angie told you all about his antics? :shock: :oops:

Keep the pictures coming :love:

Ill see if i can find a picture of Amstel with the yellow pages :shock: :lol:

Amstel on the other hand could be a bit of a handful bless him. He did seem to calm down alot. Im sure Angie told you all about his antics? :shock: :oops:

Tell me more.........

Back