• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

An English Lop..no she's not!

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
We are having the first English Lop come in next week and I'm a bit worried about it as I know it will need a special home...and will need a very placid partner

Who on here owns an English lop?

Last edited:
We had Evie the English lop here last summer, but she was avery poorly girl :( We also had Faye's Leo stay for a few days:)

You must post lots of piccys :D

Ive got one....Alexander....hes gorgeous and I agree we'll need lots of pics.

Whats the story with the one youve got coming in??

well it's a girl..so does Alexander need a friend?:lol:

only a year old and the owner "doesn't have time or money to keep it"

not neutered or vacs..that's all I know as haven't seen it yet

well it's a girl..so does Alexander need a friend?:lol:

only a year old and the owner "doesn't have time or money to keep it"

not neutered or vacs..that's all I know as haven't seen it yet

oh bless!...cant wait to see piccies!...about the same age as Alexander too.

Alexander is single at the moment because he fell out with Cinders before she was speyed.

That said I really should be trying to rebond them but I'm being a bit cowardly...need to find the free time to sort it out!

you could adopt the girlie from jill ;)

i have bambi the english lop and they are totally gorgeaus and have great personalities:D:D:D:D

you could adopt the girlie from jill ;)

i have bambi the english lop and they are totally gorgeaus and have great personalities:D:D:D:D
oh yes gorgeous Bambi...how is she?....and you''ve had a few in rescue too haven't you.:?
Have you had any probs with injuries to ears Caroline?

oh yes gorgeous Bambi...how is she?....and you''ve had a few in rescue too haven't you.:?
Have you had any probs with injuries to ears Caroline?

bambi is still a worry:? she has tummy problems which i am trying to sort out,
we,ve had 6 english lops come through the rescue so far and all have had no problems with their ears at all, the worst one i had was scooby who actually came from a member here:evil: and he was being kept in a mouse cage and had been starved:cry: but did make a full recovery and went to a fantastic home:D:D they truly are a fantastic breed, but i do find it sad that their ears are so long that they cant help but tread on them:cry:

I'm not Caroline but have to say Ive had no problems with Alexanders ears although theyre not the biggest ears as English lops go.....Alexander has a problem with his front legs though...his lower leg bones are almost 'C' shaped,apparently the equivalent of bandy legs in humans.

also people do get the breeds mixed up :? ive been asked to take an english lop before that turned out to be a black and white dwarf lop:roll:

Only advice is that they are VERY strong and powerful, not for the faint hearted so you'll probably need an experienced home. Very docile so make fab pets - imagine one of them bounding down the garden! :D Also you may need to file the nails after you've cut them to make sure they are blunt agian, otherwise they will shred their ears with the freshly cut nails.

I have an English Lop!

DSCF0349.jpg

DSCF0355.jpg

She is 14 weeks old and so far no probs. She's pretty big already so I can't imagine how big she will be when she's fully grown.

She is a fantastic jumper and very affectionate.

Well I've had someone already pm me with interest:D..and a couple of others e mail..so if she is an English lop I think she'll have a home very quickly
Of course homechecks will be done and for this breed a VERY large hutch will be needed.... a shed would be good :D

Beatrix I'm afraid your beautiful girl is not an English Lop.

Have a look at 'Little Annie' on this link - she is a young English Lop, aged about 4 months at a guess?
http://www.british-giantrabbits.co.uk/our_other_rabbits.htm

Not sure what breed your girl is but shes not big - maybe a Dwarf Lop? I'd expect a 14 week old French Lop to be at least 6lb. (Have a look at the size of the lads on this page and you'll get the idea: http://www.miniaturelops.com/frenchlops.htm)

Whatever she is, shes very pretty :)

Beatrix I'm afraid your beautiful girl is not an English Lop.

Have a look at 'Little Annie' on this link - she is a young English Lop, aged about 4 months at a guess?
http://www.british-giantrabbits.co.uk/our_other_rabbits.htm

Not sure what breed your girl is but shes not big - maybe a Dwarf Lop? I'd expect a 14 week old French Lop to be at least 6lb. (Have a look at the size of the lads on this page and you'll get the idea: http://www.miniaturelops.com/frenchlops.htm)

Whatever she is, shes very pretty :)

MMmmm I'm confused now.
The breeder she came from told me she was an English Lop but that she had bred them to have slightly shorter ears.

To be honest I don't really care what breed she is. I love her because she is beautiful and chose her to save her from a life as a breeding doe.

Back