• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bedtime for wabbits?!

goose81

Warren Scout
What time do you put your buns into their hutch please?!

Just wondering - I put them in slightly earlier tonight (9:30pm) and they looked a bit shocked! :shock: They are out from 6am though!

Mine are in their hutch between 6-7pm just cos it's an easier time for me and it's still light to clean out their hutch and run. I put the covers over their hutch at 10pm. And they go in their run at 6am (college days) or 8-9am (non-college days).

Mine are house bunnies but they look shocked at any time i put them to bed...and try and escape! and if i'm not up for 7am they are banging on the cage to get me up!!:lol:

Mine don't go to bed! they have a hutch attached to their run, and still prefer to be in the run 24/7, they don't go in even when its raining.

Mine go to bed when they want to...Normally about 2/3am or something along those lines.
Unless I've fed them late, then they refuse to stay out because they want food :roll:

Bedtime for my two is whenever I go to bed, saying that 'bed time' just involves being shut in the kitchen/out of our bedroom :lol:

Mine go back in their hutch for tea whenever it gets dark so in summer its between 8 and 9, they have tea and then come in for cuddles and for me to sort frankie's daily medical routine :roll: then they go to bed for the night at around 11pm

In winter its about 5pm so they have tea then come in for the evening for a run indoors and bed about 11

They normally get a little food around 11/12 pm at night. This sort of settles them down till I get to sleep. Then they wake up about 6 am and then sleep after breakfast :lol:

Mine get up at 6 in the morning (or i should say they get ME up :roll:) and get brekkie and are out until i leave at 9 then they get out when im home about 6 and get tea at about 8 then get put to bed when i go sometimes 10:30 sometimes 1.

On my days off they get out at 6 are out all day and got to bed when i do :D

Mine get fed about midnight/1am though they're mucking about in there run after that. Scamp gets chased around for an hour about the same time before I feed him.. sort of vain hope it will wear him out enough to behave over night.

Scamp gets chased around for an hour about the same time before I feed him.. sort of vain hope it will wear him out enough to behave over night.
:lol::lol:sorry - shouldn't laugh:oops:

Goose81 - I think you'll find they'll look miffed whatever time you put them to bed - they only way we've found to appease them is food!:roll::lol:

Ours go back in their hutches about 10pm, and get their pellets and veggies. Sometimes they're willing to go back, other times it's a battle of wills:roll::love:

I let mine out from 6am onwards, depending on the weather and I put her to bed at 10pm. She hates going to bed early and she loves being out in the dark!!!!

I try to give her as long as possible as she can being out in the run.

:D:wave:

My pair live in a shed, so I don't shut them in their hutch during the summer. That way they can get up at dawn, which I'm certainly not volunteering to do!!

I lock the boys catflap about 9.00pm and then sit with them for a while.
when I think they're settled. i.e cleaned eyes, ears and groomed each other, then I lock up the shed.
They are free range in the shed, and I don't think they even bother going into the hutch at night now. They seem to be sleeping in their favourite place - under a chair on lots of Hay.

As for Honey (indoor bun) I put her in her NIC cubes set up about 10.30pm, where she eats hay and then kicks up a fuss for about 5 mins. I then tell her it's time for bed and she gets up on her shelf.
I can tell by her ears at what stage she is going to sleep! once we get to one ear up and one ear down, she flops and then they eyes get heavy at which point I head off to bed!

As for Honey (indoor bun) I put her in her NIC cubes set up about 10.30pm, where she eats hay and then kicks up a fuss for about 5 mins. I then tell her it's time for bed and she gets up on her shelf.
I can tell by her ears at what stage she is going to sleep! once we get to one ear up and one ear down, she flops and then they eyes get heavy at which point I head off to bed!

jealous!! eric has got very wise to when bedtime is nearing now (usually 10.30 ish is cage time). little rascal likes to have a snooze under the table at about 8.30 so i now make sure i keep walking past and making a noise so he's not still buzzing at midnight:lol:

My buns are freerange all day from:
College days: 7:30am Till 9:00-10:00pm
Non College Days: 8:00-9:00am Till 9:00-10:00pm

:)

jealous!! eric has got very wise to when bedtime is nearing now (usually 10.30 ish is cage time). little rascal likes to have a snooze under the table at about 8.30 so i now make sure i keep walking past and making a noise so he's not still buzzing at midnight:lol:

Yes Honey does that too, so I encourage her to come out and have a run around - doesn't always work though!!:lol::lol:

I lock their catflaps on the sheds around 11pm if the weather is OK.

If it's damp or cold then I'll lock them in earlier.

I know they'd happily sit out in their runs all night but I'm just not brave enough to let them:oops:

Back