• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Black mini rex doe anyone?!?!?!?

loobie_lou

Mama Doe
... of course I am only joking. However Cleo is really stressing us out at the moment chewing everything and anything.

Is there anything I can do to stop her?? She has also started stealing food etc.

xx

Sorry I have no idea how to stop them being norty..maybe giving her some new toys? I'm considering putting Eeyore outside, after 3 years living in my room he's now discovered that doors taste yummy :roll:

Depending on what she's chewing - is it furniture / skirting boards etc? We've used eucalyptus oil before by rubbing a few spots onto the furniture (make sure you do it discretely first in case it spoils it) - they hate the smell of it & it's supposed to stop chewing :?

The "chewstoppa" spray from pets at home actually did stop frankie from chewing his hutch - i was amazed, thought it might just be a gimmick!

Depending on what she's chewing - is it furniture / skirting boards etc? We've used eucalyptus oil before by rubbing a few spots onto the furniture (make sure you do it discretely first in case it spoils it) - they hate the smell of it & it's supposed to stop chewing :?

Thank you for that =]

She seemingly loves chewing:-

Wires (believe me, we hide them.. she still finds them!!),
Silicone casing for my Wii remotes and my iPod touch.. can't find the silicone anywhere, so assuming eaten and pooped out :?
and, recently, she has a thing for chewing blankets!!

It's getting ridiculous.. willing to try anything. If I could keep her outdoors with Kitt I would, but I wouldn't want Kitt to be outside... he is my baby, just so happens she makes him really happy, so it's a bond I don't want to break xx

She's probably looking for more toys, so maybe try tunnels, paper bags and stuff like that?
My guinea pig Nibbler is the same

How old is he? And I'm assuming he's neutered?

Milo chews everything, but I've just had to safeguard. Cheap plywood molding to protect the good stuff underneath... keeping him confined to certain rooms when I'm not home, encouraging chewing of other acceptable things, like a "chew post".

Good luck, and I definitely feel your pain. Would you prefer a destructive holland lop baby boy? :lol:

I'm afraid there is nothing you can do. :( She is a rex after all. It should be 'wrecks' in my opinion. :lol: I have one of those too and gave up trying to stop her wrecking everything over seven years ago.

Back