• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Im worried about him.....

yvette

Wise Old Thumper
Beebee really is unwell.He had snuffles 4 weeks ago and it came back last week so hes on baytril again.Today is the 8th day.He is still eating well and its coming out the other end with no problems,but Ive noticed a couple of squares of fur on his back seems to be thinning and now up his neck a little bit.The rest of his fur is thick and clear but the squares are full of white bits (not moving).
When I give him his baytril,i lay him back and srynge it in quite quick as I dont want him stressed but the little mite goes rigid....
His snuffles are bad,really snuffly.Hes booked in at the vets tomorrow morning.Is it mites aswell???
Mrs Bun is very well and healthy..they dont live together as yet.
Any ideas???

Anyone???? Please?????
Im searching through the hay...cant see nothing and Mrs Bun is fine......Im very inexperienced with bunnies.
Ferrets I know like the back of my hand........

No ideas sorry but just wanted to bump for you! Hope someone with some knowledge comes along soon!

Sounds like Cheyleitiella mites. These can occur when a Bun is run down.
A course of Ivermectin should sort things out.

Has the Vet considered changing his antibiotics ?

Bisolvon, a mucolytic, can help thin out the mucus in the respiratory tract

Just the person......Well,hes had baytril twice now.I have no idea what tyey will do tomorrow.
Am I giving his meds correctly??Poor little mite.He really needs a break.I have heard that if he has mites,it could be linked to teeth problems cos they cant groom...so many questions.Please talk me through!!!

So sorry your bun is poorly.
You cannot see mites, unless you look through a microscope, which the vet will do for you tomorrow. It is possible to be mites, especially as he is already under the weather. It is good that your two buns are seperate until he ahs been diagnosed.
But things will not deteriorate before tomorrow, so keep your spirits up, and the vet should be able to help.
In the meantime, sending big vibes for getting well quick.

It does sound like mites, my Sooty had them, cleared quickly with a course of injections.

This is what he has.These mites.Walking dandruff.Got Xeno 200 spray.Will it work???? How did he get them???

Back