• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

First day outdoors

confusedman

Mama Doe
Today has been first day outdoors for Fanta (in her entire life) and for George (in the last five months). We are wondering whether is better to keep them out during the night or change from indoors to oudoors in one go to avoid confusing them....
What do you think??

DSC_0658.jpg

Are you planning on keeping them as outdoor bunnies or indoor? I think its ok to move them in and out during the summer months but i wouldn't advise it during the winter due to the drastic difference in temperature. If you want them to move outdoors then i would let them stay out and get used to it while it's warm and as it gets to winter they will adapt as the temperature cools and grow a winter coat, if they are kept indoors during this period their coat won't grow and you will need to keep them indoors until the following summer.

P.S. Love your setup! And the bunnies ofc :love:

They should be fine, it's warm enough it seems. I found it so hard putting fidget out for the first time, but that's because i'm soppy and i missed her in my room :oops:

They will be fine :) Make sure they have plenty of hay in their hutch to snuggle into. Are they bonded? The hutch is amazing!! Bunnies look so tiny in it :lol: How big is it?? Looks huge!! xXx

5 X 2. It's not that huge but they are not too big!!!
I think they will be staying out tonight!! Let's see how it goes!!!

Random question but is there any bedding in the hutch as it looks like the wooden floor in the photo. I maybe seeing things though:oops:

Back