• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poorly baby wildie U/D patient doing well

KarenM

Administrator
Staff member
Dh just brought eldest dd home from school and found the cat from across the road 'playing' with a baby bunny. It was alive but very still and breathing very fast. :(:( Casey brought it in and we've just taken it to the wildlife hospital (which thankfully is only a 5 min drive away).

The lady thinks he/she is about 7/8 wks old and probably has a spinal injury. :( The bunny flinched when the lady pinched his/her back toes, so I'm hoping this is a good sign but still....... :(:(

Dh took a quick photo while I was running around in panic mode finding the hospital phone number and sorting out a box to put the bun in. :shock::shock:

DSCF7547700x525.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you all. :love: I'm going to ring in a couple of days to see how bunny is getting on and am just hoping it will be good news.

I hate to think what would have happened if dd hadn't seen Binky when she did - she was late home from school because she was at athletics practice, so would normally have been home much earlier. We back on to farmer's fields, which is most likely where Binky found this poor little one, but he would have had a good 5 minute walk (minimum) back to our road.

He/she was absolutely beautiful; :love::love: it's such a huge shame that I had to meet one like this. :(:(

Oh bless her Karen what a little poppet :love: I so hope she will be ok - lots of vibes for the brave little one xxx

I rang up today to find out how this little one was getting on. He/she is doing really well and moving about so it all looks promising. :D:D:D I'm so pleased because I really expected it to be bad news. The bunny is in an enclosure with other wildies that have been brought in and they will be release back into the wild once they're well enough.

I don't think the cat over the road has forgiven me for taking his dinner away but I can live with that. :lol:

Back