• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Escape bid=bond?

stoney1

New Kit
Got home from work to find Pierre had bitten a hole in his run and squeezed through and has presumably spent all day with Lola.:shock: We were going to start bonding them this weekend.

What should I do? No point in putting him in until I can do some repairs, they seem quite happy together, were feeding from the same bowl. I took the door off of his run and they've both been in there eating the hay. (they've been swapping round each others homes to get used to the smell of each other)

Any ideas??

Cheers, Nicola

It must be so nice to see them getting along:)

I would leave them together as long as both have been done (and Pierre was done more than a month ago, otherwise he could still be fertile). Just keep a close eye on them to ensure there's no fighting. They sound like they'll make a lovely bunny couple.

Thanks Bunshine, Lola was just licking his head which was sweet as I was worried she was avoiding him!

Thanks for your advice re their bonding, it's been really helpful
:wave:

Great, thanks everyone! I keep going out to check on them and they seem ok. Not cuddled up or anything but seem happy. Lola was grooming Pierre on his head which was sweet as she's a real 'licker'...I think she did then try to mount him but he just ran off!

Not sure what to do about getting them a new cage as now they both have full run of the garage and access to outside during the day. The cage inside is open all the time now although it was Lola's old one which we put Pierre in but it isn't 6 ft long although neither are now really in it all that much. Originally I was going to get them a 6ft one to go in the garden that they could both use....oohh decisions!! The BF has suggested getting a cat-flap to go in the garage door and leaving them as they are but I thought that was a bit stupid:lol::roll: Typical, trying to get out of going halves on the new cage!!!

Back