• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Slight tilt

SisterMoonbeam

Mama Doe
Fidget has a very slight head tilt. She has had it for a fair while now and i never thought anything of it as she's in perfect health otherwise but i was wondering if anyone knew what it was?

I know its linked to EC but she has had it for months and months and shows no other signs....

Could it be possible that she had EC but was caught early when she had her 28 day panacur course?

If so that was very lucky as it was just a routine course.

I'm no expert on EC as it's so confusing and there's so much conflicting advice, but it could definately by active EC or an ear infection.
Either way I would expect him to be on some sort of medication, so I guess a vet visit would be advisable

was your rabbit treated for an ear infection ? what meds have been given ? I had a rabbit with a ver bad head tilt but because she was a rescue and she might not have been given treatment early enough she never got any better with treatment

Last edited:
Our bunny Wilson has severe headtilt which we're currently trying to treat & have been since 2nd April. I don't want to worry you but his did start as a very slight tilt - which we spotted very early on & got him on antibiotics, but after a couple of weeks it became severe & he now has rolling episodes that he's trying to cope with. There is a thread in rabbit chat about him & his treatment.

I would pop her along to the vets to be on the safe side, even though she's had it a while & ask if she needs antibiotics, further panacur plus pain relief like metacam to help with any inflamation / pain that might be causing her head tilt. Hope she's ok xx

28 day Pancur?

Hi,

I seen it quite a few times now and everyone talks of their 28day course of Panacur.

The paste version we use on our two is a 9 day course. I have even double checked the packet.

Is it the fact i cant read :? or is there two versions? Which is best?

I believe it's best to use panacur for a minimum of 28 days if EC is suspected, but we have continued panacur at our vets advice for Wilson & he has been on it since 2nd April. The panacur for 9 days & 28 days is exactly the same.

The 9 day course is for routine worming every 3 months I believe - on the panacur I have it does state this, plus 28 days for suspected EC.

I believe you can get panacur in a syrup as well, but I'm not certain - we use the paste though.

I agree about taking her to the vets. Wesley started off slightly off balance and I took him to the emergency vets that evening. Hope you get it sorted.

Hi, thanks for replies. She has been to the vet recently and i asked about it and she couldn't even tell for a start and then said it was probably nothing serious :?

Should i get a second opinion then?

How strange :?

we have a little bunny called Fidget with a slight head tilt too. He has had a 28 day course of panacur and has never shown any other symptoms of Ec. Some days you can hardly notice it other days he just looks like he is looking at you inquisitively. My vet said all we could do was give him the panacur and keep a close eye on him for any changes or deterioration. Thankfully there hasn't been any and he is a happy lively bunny :)

How strange :?

we have a little bunny called Fidget with a slight head tilt too. He has had a 28 day course of panacur and has never shown any other symptoms of Ec. Some days you can hardly notice it other days he just looks like he is looking at you inquisitively. My vet said all we could do was give him the panacur and keep a close eye on him for any changes or deterioration. Thankfully there hasn't been any and he is a happy lively bunny :)

That sounds exactly the situation with my fidget! How odd.

Back