• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Asparagus

willowholly

Mama Doe
Can buns eat asparagus?Wanted to give Dill a treat and picked some up but then wasn't sure if they could have it.:)

Looked this one up a while ago as I had spare asparagus ends. The only references I found said no to asparagus for buns so the compost heap got mine!

Hi

I've just checked on my safe foods list and it is on there, i think i remember giving mine some once and neither of them touched it , so must be an aquired (sp?) taste. :D

I've seen it on a couple of safe foods lists... I've tried mine with it a couple of times and none of them touched it :lol:

Yes I've just found it on the RWAF safe fruits & veg so will try it with them later & see if anyone is brave enough to try it!!:lol:

At the stage we would eat it it is safe but the berries and leaves (ferny bits) are not.

I've seen it on a few safe lists but Amber just ran off when i offered it to her. Fine! It's expensive anyway:D

Last edited:
Ok,I tried them with it-B went no where near it & Dill had a quick nibble but wasn't fussed!!!Good job I bought some dill as back up-which they both gobbled down like theres no tomorrow!:D

Daisy won't eat asparagus either ... which is a shame as I love it and it's English asparagus season now, so I've got loads of the woody, end bits going in the compost. Fussy bunnies :roll:

I'm new to this website so please bare with me! :oops: With regards to the asparagus; I've seen it on safe foods lists on various bunny websites..However, I've tried my two with it a couple of times & they've not touched it! ....Maybe it's an acquired taste! :lol:

Back