• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies not getting along...

mickweaver

New Kit
I have 3 lionhead rabbits, a year old neutered male called Rei, an 8 month old neutered female called Kate and a 7 week old unneutered female called Fudge.

Rei and Kate live together in the outside hutch and get on fine, I bring them indoors for a few hours each day so they can get some excersize,

A few weeks back I got a 6 week old tiny lionhead called Fudge. She has just having her first season also. They have been spending time seperatley in the room so they can get used to each others scent.

I introduced Rei and Fudge in a neutral area, Rei gets scared and runs from her and she just chases him. When I introduced Kate and Fudge, they tried to fight, I've tried this several times and the same thing has happened. I have also tried introducing them with either side behind the cage, when Kate sees Fudge she attacks Rei. I don't want Fudge to be on her own, but I can't see of any way they will get on.

Any recommendations?

You need to try again a few weeks after getting Fudge neutered for a more accurate idea for getting along. Then just follow the advice written in loads of the postings on here regarding bonding. Keep them separate at all times til then preferably without them being able to see each other.

Back