• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

feeling guilty-single bun

poppymoon

Wise Old Thumper
as you may be aware, i'm mum to eric the house rabbit. he's totally adorable - and mischievous:D.

however, he's had a few health problems but fingers crossed he's on the mend (thanks to my new vet:wave:) so maybe i will be able to consider a girlfriend for him if he can be neutered (late june hopefully).

anyhoo, today i'm feeling sooooo guilty. whenever i go out into the garden to hang out washing or move the guinea pig run to a fresh patch of grass, he's staring at me out of the window.

i feel dreadful in case he's not happy being a house bun. i really couldn't face putting him outside - on his own or at a later date.

am i being cruel having a single house bun right now?

:(

Eric looks so happy in the pics I've seen of him, don't feel guilty at all! I bet he gets a lot more attention as a single house rabbit than he would if he were outside.:)

He's probably just keeping an eye on you, to make sure the don't run away!
It would be lovely if you could get him a girlfriend though :)

Eric looks so happy in the pics I've seen of him, don't feel guilty at all! I bet he gets a lot more attention as a single house rabbit than he would if he were outside.:)

thanks bunshine - thats made me feel better:D he gets loads of attention as i'm at home practically all the time. i'd be a nervous wreck if he was outside - i'd be the one peering thro the windows:lol:

He's probably just keeping an eye on you, to make sure the don't run away!
It would be lovely if you could get him a girlfriend though :)

i can believe that! he follows me everywhere and snoozes at my feet:roll: i wondered whether he felt a bit jealous that i fuss the piggies too - i know he has a strop when we get chilli the hamster out during the evening:?

If he was unhappy he wouldn't have such a strong bond with you.

I agree with Bunshine, he looks happy in the photos.

I've got two single buns for much the same reason that Eric's single - I've been meaning to bond the for months but every time I plan it one or other is ill or something else crops up. I had planned to start bonding today as I had 6 days before I had to go to work again... sadly Artie has just spent 3 days at the vets so I can't put him through the stress of bonding at the mo. :(.

You'll find the right time for Eric, in the meantime I'm sure he's getting all the love, attention and toys etc that he needs.

If he was unhappy he wouldn't have such a strong bond with you.

I agree with Bunshine, he looks happy in the photos.

I've got two single buns for much the same reason that Eric's single - I've been meaning to bond the for months but every time I plan it one or other is ill or something else crops up. I had planned to start bonding today as I had 6 days before I had to go to work again... sadly Artie has just spent 3 days at the vets so I can't put him through the stress of bonding at the mo. :(.

You'll find the right time for Eric, in the meantime I'm sure he's getting all the love, attention and toys etc that he needs.

poor artie, sorry to hear he's been unwell. stuck between a rock and a hard place eh? we feel that a partner for them would be good but the stress could make them poorly again:( (and a bun who's used to being single may not bond at all....).

are yours indoor buns if you don't mind me asking? just wondering how you keep them separated at present?

x

are yours indoor buns if you don't mind me asking? just wondering how you keep them separated at present?
x

I have four indoor buns. A bonded pair (Rudy & Tinks) live downstairs and Artie and Esme live upstairs in my office, where I spent about 3/4 of my time at home. They have homes made of NIC grids. They have shelves each and there's a divider, they do seem amicable, she's quieter when he's not around and spent a lot of time looking for him on Sunday night when he was unwell. It's only really since I've had the bonded pair (since around October) that I've realised what potentially a single bun could miss out on. The pair are so loved up it's unbelievable :love::love::love:

This is Artie and Esme(photo on post 118 ), you can see a little bit of their home:
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=176110&page=12

Last edited:
I have four indoor buns. A bonded pair (Rudy & Tinks) live downstairs and Artie and Esme live upstairs in my office, where I spent about 3/4 of my time at home. They have homes made of NIC grids. They have shelves each and there's a divider, they do seem amicable, she's quieter when he's not around and spent a lot of time looking for him on Sunday night when he was unwell. It's only really since I've had the bonded pair (since around October) that I've realised what potentially a single bun could miss out on. The pair are so loved up it's unbelievable :love::love::love:

This is Artie and Esme(photo on post 118 ), you can see a little bit of their home:
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=176110&page=12

thats great:D they may not be bonded yet but at least they are aware of each other. sounds like a good set up. eric's free range downstairs tho with a bedtime cage so not sure i could arrange a comfortable set up in the interim:?
must stop dreaming - don't even know yet whether he'll be able to be neutered:roll:

x

Dont feel guilty, I bet he loves all the one to one attention he gets as a single housebun. We have a single outdoor rabbit at the moment after losing Molly a few weeks ago and he is totally miserable so gets lots of extra love and cuddles during the day. We have a new wife lined up for him, she just needs to be speyed and have time to recover, so hopefully it wont be long before he is happier again

Last edited:
i'd be a nervous wreck if he was outside - i'd be the one peering thro the windows:lol:

It sounds like you'd be outside with him given half the chance!:lol:

I don't blame you though, he is ridiculously cute:love: He's got the same mischievous look in his eye as my naughty little Pedro. I really hope he can be neutered and get a girlfriend to keep him in line;)

Couldn't you get a fully enclosed run or play pen? Even if he only gets 30 mins or so whilst you are hanging the washing out or tending to the garden I think the change of environment could help keep him stimulated.

Awwh bless Eric :love:

When my Ronnie was indoors he used to sit at the patio doors and watch me with the other bunnies in the garden :lol: I felt so guilty putting Ronnie outside, and still do :oops:

I think Eric looks very happy (and cheeky) :lol: in his pics :) He ought to come and stay with Aunty Becky ;) Hes so adorable!! :love: xXx

Awwh bless Eric :love:

When my Ronnie was indoors he used to sit at the patio doors and watch me with the other bunnies in the garden :lol: I felt so guilty putting Ronnie outside, and still do :oops:

I think Eric looks very happy (and cheeky) :lol: in his pics :) He ought to come and stay with Aunty Becky ;) Hes so adorable!! :love: xXx

only if auntie becky promises to give him back:shock: how come you decided to put ronnie outside? is he happier there?

x

only if auntie becky promises to give him back:shock: how come you decided to put ronnie outside? is he happier there?

x

:lol::lol::lol: Im sure id give him back :oops: :lol:

Ronnie went outside as we ended up with Lola... we bought a shed September last year and i managed to keep them inside until about 2 weeks ago :oops::oops: He lives in luxuary though :love: They have a 8ftx6ft shed with a 12ftx8ft run attached :) You ought to pop round and see them :love::love: xXx

Back