• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help me identify my rabbits breed

princess1983

Young Bun
Hello all.
I am trying to insure my rabbits and I am not sure what type of breed my new rabbit is! I know hes a lop but which type I am not sure. On the insurance site they state all different types of lops and I havent got a clue. Even the vet didnt know! The pic of my bunny is whats on my user CP. Please take a look and help me if you can :) Thank you.xxxx

If you could post a bigger picture it may help. What is the age and weight of your bun?
If unsure it may be fair to say lop x.

thanks for replying lilbun. can i post pics on here? im still new to it all. the vets have him down as lop but on the insurance site there isnt an option for just lop :( there is things like cashmere lop, french lop, german lop, mini lop etc

thanks for replying lilbun. can i post pics on here? im still new to it all. the vets have him down as lop but on the insurance site there isnt an option for just lop :( there is things like cashmere lop, french lop, german lop, mini lop etc

The most obvious differences between these breeds are bodyweight and ear length, so if you let us know the rabbit's age and weight we can probably pin it down.

If you load your photos onto a site such as photobucket you can post them on here. There are instructions here:
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=136183

thanks all of u for your replies :D well if the vet has him down as a lop and i insure him as a crossbreed the insurance might not pay out if I made a claim (god forbid i ever have to)

oh damn! photobucket is blocked by my company and i only have access to internet at work :( is there any other way i can put photos on to show u all??

thanks timb0h, just looked at that site and he looks like the pic thats on there of a dwarf lop but hes not small, is the dwarf referring to their ears??

hello drpengie, i think he looks like a dwarf but cant be certain. is there any way other than photobucket that i can show u all pics of him??

I think he looks like a dwarf lop too. A dwarf lop is larger than a mini but smaller than a fenchie! About a regular rabbit size not a "dwarf" as such - not in the way a netherland dwarf is dwarf. I think the truth really lies in his full grown weight - pop him in his carrier and put him on the scales - then weigh the carrier empty and subtract to get an idea.

thanks dusty rabbit. what weight is the dwarf then?

Thats a good question! You'll have to look that one up I'm afraid. Our dwarf lop was a bit of a fatty and was I think about 7 or 8lbs:oops: mmm too many digestive biscuits me thinks!

Just had a quick look and seems a mini is around 3lbs and a dwarf 5lbs ish.

Last edited:
Back