• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Taking hutch back to pets at home, will i get my money back

princess12

Young Bun
I am taking my hutch back to pets at home, i have spoken to the store on monday who say i can take it back after i said that we got it nearly two years ago and was told it was suitable for a bunny and i found out it wasn't and we were misold it. They said they would refund it and put the money towards another hutch. What do you think my chance are of getting my money back, then i can buy a play house that i have just seen another member post a link to.

If something isn't fit for its' intended purpose, you have a right to a refund under the Sale of Goods Act. However, you should request a refund within a reasonable period of time and I think two years might be pushing it a little. It wouldn't hurt to ask though - large chains will sometimes oblige as a gesture of goodwill. :)

Im not too sure after two years?
But they were really helpful when we took mine back after it was faulty.
I think it would also depend on if its been used alot too?

I took a hutch back after a day and it hadnt been used as it wasnt right for Lily at the time.
Has the hutch been used? I'm guessing so after two years? I'm not sure as to weather our branch would oblige but I guess its worth a try :)

you dont have a legal leg to stand on as it is normally 12 months you have to return things.However if you are very polite and calm they may do something.

If they do decide to give you a refund after all this time, I would imagine it's highly likely they'd do it in the form of an instore credit note so that they get more money from you (as I imagine their bigger hutches cost more than what you paid for your current one)

After two years I would settle for a credit note or whatever you can get and save up for the playhouse to be honest.

They have said that they will refund the money and use it towards another hutch. I didn't ask them to do this, they offered. It is a sage house and the hutch is in good condition.

They have said that they will refund the money and use it towards another hutch. I didn't ask them to do this, they offered. It is a sage house and the hutch is in good condition.

It's a good offer. You could always sell the new hutch on ebay (get the best you can) and put the money towards the playhouse of your dreams! :)

How did you get on today taking the hutch back? :) xXx

We tried to get the hutch in the car and it wouldn't fit, even thou its a big car. We need to take it apart and are going to do that next weekend.

We went to pets at home and we had a look at the hutches and we are not going to have enough space for the orchard house, so we looked at the primrose cottage and we are going to get that one. We have decided that it would make more sense to wait till we move in august and get the bunnies then as we think it would be better for bunnies and also we then wouldn't have to try and take the hutch apart.

Back