• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Please Help Urgent Dont Know What To Do Yoshi Fell Into A Bin! Help

yoshi&gizmo

Alpha Buck
hi all what should i do.

Yoshi was on a mad one playing earlier and made a leap of faith onto the computer desk where i am sat but then ralised it was slippy and before i had chance to grab him he jumped again and landed in a waste paper bin. His head was out of the bin and so was his back feet but he was struggling and panicking. :cry::cry: I got him out and checked him over and he let me check all his legs etc. i let him down and he just kept going mad scatching his ear. and shaking his head. it was horrible i am sat here in tears he is laid down now on the landing and looks fine but everytime he sits up or moves he starts shaking his head and scratching at his ear.

I tried looking at his ear but i don't want to hurt him. What should i do. He moves fine its just the ear seems to be aggravating him. I am getting married in three days so money is tight but if i trip to the vet is recommended i will take him no question!! i am a worrier though and am not sure if i am worrying over nothing.... PLEASE HELP ASAP

oh poor yoshi.we can't help but worry about them,they're our little bumfluffs!!!:Di would keep a close eye on him and if in any doubt tomorrow get him checked out.hope yoshi is ok and have a wonderful wedding.x

Poor lad. Watch out for any signs of swelling or bruising to the ear, and make sure he's eating ok as there is a possibility he could have hurt his mouth/teeth jaw

My bun always gets a twitch in his ear when he goes on one of his mad runs, and usually thats how I know he's gonna binky. Not sure if it's relevant, just thought I'd mention it.

Update On Yoshi Fractured Skull

Well he wouldn't settle and was oinking too and just kept shaking his head :cry::cry::cry: it has been horrible to see :cry::cry: i have been in a right mess. I phoned emergency vets and they said bring him in.

After a good check over turns out the reason he was shaking his head is because he has a skull fracture and spinal fluid had leaked into his ear :cry::cry: They got it out and then gave him a shot of morphine something to take down his blood pressure to try to prevent any subcromial hemeroage and to reduce the headache from the fracture :(. They have let me bring him home as he is fully responsive but should he become drowsy or anything else that out of the ordinary he has to go stright back in.

THe next 24hrs are critical but they said if he gets a bleed he will be addmited but have assured me it is treatable. Please send bunny vibes for my poor boy :cry: I am so scared.

Oh god, how horrible for you and at such an already stressful time :cry:

Hope he (and you) feels better soon :wave:

Oh gosh.. lots of vibes, my Jazz is admitted up at the estover vets at the moment.. its so scary ...if you want to chat dont hesitate to contact me xxxx

omg hope hes ok!! sending vibes just goes to show how u cn never take things for granyted i would have just thought somethin had irritated his ear bet ur glad u phoned the vets

Sorry to hear he's poorly. Hope he's better soon. Well done for trusting your instincts and going to the vet.

Back