• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

teeth grinding

anamaria

Warren Scout
when rabbits teeth grind does it look like they're chewing or is it more like when they purr and their mouths don't move?
thanks

Teeth grinding due to pain usually involves visible jaw movement.

thanks for the quick reply, i think Charlie might be teeth grinding then, she went to vets this morning and he check teeth and her tummy for statis and it was all fine, he gave her the injection to get gut moving and gave me some recovery for her. haven't managed to give her much of it yet but she did take a dandelion leaf but was still making the grinding sound while eating it :?

Did the Vet give her any pain relief and if not she probably needs some
Metoclopromide (the gut motility med) can cause gripey tummy pain.

no he didnt :? could i give her some gripe water for that??

She needs proper pain relief.
If she is teeth grinding due to pain that indicates pain is severe.
I would call the Vet and ask about obtaining pain relief for her. It would be better to give the pain relief via injection so you may need to take her back to the Vet this afternoon.

She needs proper pain relief.
If she is teeth grinding due to pain that indicates pain is severe.
I would call the Vet and ask about obtaining pain relief for her. It would be better to give the pain relief via injection so you may need to take her back to the Vet this afternoon.

thanks Jane, called the vet and hes given me some pain relief for Charlie which i can give once a day and told me to keep her warm. so have given her a dose and shes currently laying i the corner of the run wrapped in a towel.

thanks Jane, called the vet and hes given me some pain relief for Charlie which i can give once a day and told me to keep her warm. so have given her a dose and shes currently laying i the corner of the run wrapped in a towel.

Well done.

Try to tempt her with some of her favorite food in an hour or so once the pain killer has kicked in.

Back