• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Kitchen floor

Biscuit's Mum!

Warren Veteran
Hi all,

I'm afraid I am a bit new at this, so sorry if this question has been asked before...

We have a beautiful lionhead who is absolutely wonderful, although a very cheeky monkey! We keep her as a house bun (although she is supposed to be going outside permanently I can't part with her :love: ).

When we put her in her hutch at night (which is huge, so we know that's not the problem), we don't pick her up as she doesn't like it. We had it down to a fine art for some time, we used to encourage her into her hutch gently and she went without a fuss. Now she has taken to backing herself into a corner by the kitchen doors and if we go to her she pounces at her. I know she is just warning us, and it doesn't hurt, but she gets so agitated and I don't want to frighten or upset her.

We think the problem is the kitchen floor, as it is that rubber tile sort of thing and she slips on it. She doesn't like walking over it to come out of her hutch either (we have to pick her up to carry her over it when she comes out!), so it seems to be the link. I have got some mats to put down and she seems better, but I wondered if anyone has had similar, and whether there is an easier way of getting her into a routine so we aren't effectively chasing her into her hutch, or will she just pick up going to bed over time as a habit?

She is a brilliant bun and I am very conscious that if we chase her into her hutch at night, she may become less social with us for fear of being put away.

Any help would be appreciated.

It does sound as if it's the floor that's the problem I have a kitchen floor like that and I put runners now and the rabbits seem to like it much better. :)

Last edited:
Back