• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

'the feeling'

Lib_n_bunny

Wise Old Thumper
When i was looking for a wifey for Beau, i thought i would just know when i met the right bun. But then 3 rescues and 100+ bunnies later i still hadn't had 'the feeling' so decided i was being silly and just picked a bun.
Well sadly bonding hasn't worked so i'm on the search again, just wondered what u guys think. Should i wait for the feeling?

nope i think you should let a rescue meet your boy, try to bond for you that way they will know which girly is for him ;)

it took Lou less than a week to suss out Alvin and after his failed bonding she knew none of the girls she had at that time was a match, but she knew early on that Pearl was a very good match, i had to wait till Pearl was ready and found that Lou was spot on with her match :love::love:

Let bun pick his partner:) Contact a rescue, see who they have a available & let your bun meet the potentials there:)

Let bun pick his partner:) Contact a rescue, see who they have a available & let your bun meet the potentials there:)

Couldn't agree more:thumb: If you let bun choose for himself bonding will be a lot less stressful for both buns and you.

So what's happening to Ruby?
Yep,as Karen said Ruby has gone back to the rescue :-( i feel awful. It's not about th stress or sleepless nights, i don't mind, it's all worth it. But hearing Beau scream broke my heart.
I'm loving the idea of him picking his own girlfriend! I hav a few reservations tho. 1st- he obv won't get as much attention at a rescue (im home all day n hes my only bun). 2nd- he's an indoor bun n most rescues bond outdoors. 3rd- wen i bond them i stay up all nite wiv them and obv a rescue can't b expected to do that.
Thanks for all the comments guys!

I would definitely agree with letting a bun choose it's own mate: makes bonding so much easier.
When I took my bridge bun Blackberry to the rescue to choose a mate he picked the biggest, ugliest hare-bun in the place (Mango-Fattyharebit) and it was love at first sight! I probably wouldn't have chosen her myself and would have missed out on all her cheeky, norty ways but she's lovely :love:

I dont understand,how do u 'let them pick'. Do u mean get the rescue to try bonding with different ones?

:wave: It's like speed-dating. Your bun will be put in a run with the available females and you will get to observe how they interact. Obviously all the girls aren't put in at the same time, but one by one for five minutes or so in order to see how they get along. You will be able to see which ones like each other and which ones will never get along.

We did this with Pedro and it was clear to see which bun he 'picked'. Some of the other girly buns he met went for him straight away. Bonding was so easy in the end because they got along from the start.

So you could do that and then take them home to continue bonding if you're unhappy about leaving them outside at a rescue?

:wave: It's like speed-dating. Your bun will be put in a run with the available females and you will get to observe how they interact. Obviously all the girls aren't put in at the same time, but one by one for five minutes or so in order to see how they get along. You will be able to see which ones like each other and which ones will never get along

Ah, ok. I wasn't sure cos wen u bond them they hav to see n smell each other for a couple of days b4, i wasn't sure if it was safe just to put them straight together

Ah, ok. I wasn't sure cos wen u bond them they hav to see n smell each other for a couple of days b4, i wasn't sure if it was safe just to put them straight together

It's a different approach to the softly softly one, where you let them see and smell each other for small periods for a while before keeping them together full-time, but it really works. If you keep splitting them up then it takes much longer for a bond to form. As long as they aren't fighting and locking on to each other it's ok to keep them together. It's important to keep a very close eye on them at first, but as long as there's no serious fighting they will settle down within a few days. :)

It does depend on the buns. i had 2 here a while back. I had failed at bonding them once - so had the person who owned them. She kept them completely separate so they could "forget" each other for several weeks. Third (& final!) attempt - buns bonded within mins:D

Back