• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding gone wrong :(

Lib_n_bunny

Wise Old Thumper
:cry: well despite doing everything i was advised, bonding hasn't worked. We put Beau n Ruby were together last wednesday, they were never particularly close, and kept fighting and chasing, but i thought they would be ok in time.
But i guess not. In the night, Ruby bit Beau and he screamed, i've never heard a bunny scream b4,it was awful, and i can't put my lovely little man thru any more. I've split them up, but long-term they wud both need partners,and we havnt got the space or the money for 4 bunnies.
So tomorrow i'm gona hav to take Ruby back to the rescue :cry:

awww hun :cry::cry::cry::cry: Alvins first bonding went wrong too... his little wifey is out there somewhere... goodluck with the next one xxxx

I have had dreadful bunny bonding problems with Herbie & Sugar. They got on well to begin with, but it went wrong after 2 weeks. I was all set to return Sugar to the rescue, but couldn't bring myself to hand her back until I had given her another chance. I'm doing it very slowly now - buns living semi-together, both in the same room with one in a pen and the other free range and each evening I swap them over. Most evenings I have to together in a neutral space and I am seeing progress and even getting some grooming. If the bonding session starts to deteriorate, then I call it a day and take them back to their room and try again the following day, so that there's no fighting and resulting bad feeling between them.

I'm getting good progress with this slower method and I'm glad that I gave it another chance. Whichever bun is free range tends to choose to lie next to the bun in the pen. I often find them flopped out side by side with only the mesh dividing them. This might not work for everybun, but it certainly looks to be going in the right direction for my furry rascals.

Bunny screaming is dreadful, Herbie was screaming when Sugar bit him and he was still screaming with fright when I had him in my arms. It is very upsetting, so I know how you are feeling. :(

Good luck with whatever you decide to do and I hope you find a little girlfriend for Beau soon. :)

I have had dreadful bunny bonding problems with Herbie & Sugar. They got on well to begin with, but it went wrong after 2 weeks. I was all set to return Sugar to the rescue, but couldn't bring myself to hand her back until I had given her another chance. I'm doing it very slowly now - buns living semi-together, both in the same room with one in a pen and the other free range and each evening I swap them over. Most evenings I have to together in a neutral space and I am seeing progress and even getting some grooming. If the bonding session starts to deteriorate, then I call it a day and take them back to their room and try again the following day, so that there's no fighting and resulting bad feeling between them.

I'm getting good progress with this slower method and I'm glad that I gave it another chance. Whichever bun is free range tends to choose to lie next to the bun in the pen. I often find them flopped out side by side with only the mesh dividing them. This might not work for everybun, but it certainly looks to be going in the right direction for my furry rascals.

Bunny screaming is dreadful, Herbie was screaming when Sugar bit him and he was still screaming with fright when I had him in my arms. It is very upsetting, so I know how you are feeling. :(

Good luck with whatever you decide to do and I hope you find a little girlfriend for Beau soon. :)

So pleased things are going better for Herbie and Sugar!!! I need to come and see them when they are loved up!

Oh, really sorry to hear this. Hope both Beau and Ruby are ok.

Neither of them are hurt, apart from a small scratch on Beau, they were just clearly unhappy together, and that scream.......:shock: Beau is so happy now Ruby's gone back to the rescue, my little man is back to himself :D It was awful dropping Ruby off though, I feel so guilty :?

Neither of them are hurt, apart from a small scratch on Beau, they were just clearly unhappy together, and that scream.......:shock: Beau is so happy now Ruby's gone back to the rescue, my little man is back to himself :D It was awful dropping Ruby off though, I feel so guilty :?

I can imagine how hard it was dropping Ruby off. Try not to feel guilty though, you are only doing what is best for both buns in the long run. I only gave Herbie & Sugar another go because I knew that they were happy together originally and I felt there was still a faint glimmer of a bond between them that I could build on.

Rachie - Yes you'll have to come and see the two rascals sometime. I could do with meeting the very gorgeous Strawberry & Snowdrop at some point too. :D

Back