• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

need advice!!

anamaria

Warren Scout
fed my bunnys yesterday evening and charlie didnt come out to eat it, she usually charges straight out, i checked their toilet corner and their wee was very orange/red which i know can be caused by too much carrot but i wouldnt say they'd had that much lately could anything else cause this??
checked them this morning and about half the food was gone, im guessing this was Alfie cos and hes been eating hay all day like normal, anyway charlie did take some treats from me and i did catch her munch a bit of spring greens so i thought she was ok and didnt take her to vets.
shes been lying around on her belly most of the day and neither of the bunnys were interested in dinner but alfie is still eatin hay. saw charlie do some very small poos earlier. i have brought them both inside for the night so i can see whos eatin what and also see if i can hear charlies belly but so far i haven't heard anything. i will take both of them to the vets tomorrow morning but i wanted to know if there was anything i could do tonight??? i've never had any problems like this before so really in need of advice :(
thanks

Awwh poor Charlie :(

Red/orange wee can be caused by allsorts of things that bunnies eat :) I once rushed Lottie to the vets because of red wee to be told it was because she had been eating 'weeds' basically out of the grass :?

As for her not eating, i would be rather worried :? Is she not eating anything? Have you tried dandelion leaves? These normally encourage buns to eat.

I would put a heatpad in with her if you have one, it may help her tummy. Does her tummy feel bloated?

Sending lots of get well vibes xXx

Awwh poor Charlie :(

Red/orange wee can be caused by allsorts of things that bunnies eat :) I once rushed Lottie to the vets because of red wee to be told it was because she had been eating 'weeds' basically out of the grass :?

As for her not eating, i would be rather worried :? Is she not eating anything? Have you tried dandelion leaves? These normally encourage buns to eat.

I would put a heatpad in with her if you have one, it may help her tummy. Does her tummy feel bloated?

Sending lots of get well vibes xXx

thanks Becky, i just got rid of all the stuff i had taken from the garden incase that was what caused the problem but have got the dandelion leaves and some lemon balm back out the bin and Charlie took a big dandelion leaf straight away and eat it all. she didn't want any more so have just left some for them but its a start :)

You need to separate them so you can tell how much poos is out from ea. bun, and if possible, measure the water see how much is drank.

Back