• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Awww, I love my bun

Cornishlass

Mama Doe
My bun has free range of the garden whenever possible. I know that we have had a decorator around for the last week doing some work on the house and he is always making sure the gate is closed etc - I put the rabbit away while they are working but today the men had gone so I let him have his run as usual - later came out to find he had found their paint - behind a board they had placed against the wall - I had NO IDEA there was anything behind there - till I saw Smudge covered in paint! I panicked and ran the vet - she advised if it was emulsion it should wash off - try diluted fairy and if Gloss I should bring him in to be anethetised to be clipped - He's a rex. :(:oops: I didn't know what the paint was - was in a large icecream tub. So I bathed Smudge - he did NOT like this. I got some off but not all - Tried to rub him dry but he wasn't having it and I didn't want to stress him further - he's in his playhouse in loads of hay getting himself dry. I am going out to check on him ofter -he is happy and eating and when I go out he is soooo friendly. :love: He jumps on my lap - bless. Must know I am trying to help him. :love:

Oh dear!

This happened to one of my cats last year - he managed to get himself covered in paint (left lying around outside by the landlord no doubt :roll:).

Poor cat was not impressed with the washing of his paws and coat, but luckily I managed to get most of it off and he was fine. It's a bit of a worry though as some paints are toxic to cats, and presumably bunnies too :(

Hope Smudge will be ok.

Back