• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

arrgh - fighting pair

Stralachlan

Warren Scout
Well I collected Ted (neutered boy) on Sun morning who needs moving to Plymouth tomorrow morning. Tonight being about the first day its stopped raining since then I thought I'd let him and my two have a run in the garden. Up til now they've been inside to stretch their legs separately.

So I have two runs next to each other, but seperate enough that they cant get to each other through the mesh. They spot each other and start tail flagging (Acorn of my two being the one egging Ted on), no problem they cant get to each other.

The next thing I know the most almighty scuffle has broken out between my two and fur is flying everywhere :shock: I was not expecting that! The problem is I cant get to them without risking letting Ted into their run. I was yelling at them to stop and trying to put Ted away out of sight. After what felt like ages they have stopped. I've checked them over and cant see any bite wounds but they are so wet & muddy now I'm letting them clean themselves before I check them again. They seem to be OK together now - just keeping my fingers crossed.

They've had another "post Ted" fight tonight - 4 bites wounds on Acorn's back so its off to the vets tomorrow morning for some antibiotics. Fortunately I've got hibiscrub antiseptic so I'm already applying that.

I'm telling Acorn its his own fault for trying to pick fights (and last year he bit Hazel so what goes around comes around :roll:)

They both seem fine together at the mo - but I'll be keeping a close eye on them again all evening.

Ted is now safely down at his new home in Plymouth.

Back