• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Getting A Bun It's Jags..?

stuart567

Young Bun
My bun is 11 weeks old come Thursday,and i was planning on getting its Myximitosis (Spelled Wrong) Jag last week,but one of my neighbours said "Its a waste of money and only another money making scheme vets do" So i have waited.I love my bun and do not want anything bad to happen to it.What age should i get the Jags? I hope im not to late.

Please reply ASAP Thanks :D

P.S Don't know why i listened to my stupid neighbour.

That really is a load of :censored: buns need that jab don't listen to her ask people here who have had to suffer the horror of a bunny with myxi!!

Yes, your bunny will need vaccinations (jabs) against Myxomatosis and VHD (Viral haemorrhagic disease).

It is not a money-making scheme by vets but protects against two very nasty diseases (google them). You should be able to get the injections free or at a reduced cost in June, as it is vaccination month :)

http://www.vaccinationmonth.co.uk/

You must get your bunny both vaccinations of Myximatosis and VHD. One is annually and the other is every 6 months. You must not take on adivce of that woman who clearly does not know about rabbit diseases.
You do not want to see the suffering of a rabbit, as it is very heart breaking and distressing to see if your rabbit catches any of those diseases.

I hope you will get your bunny fully vaccinated ASAP. Please do.:)

Back