• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bad Behaviour :(

stuart567

Young Bun
Hi,my rabbit will be 11 weeks old this Thursday,However when i lift him from his Hutch he tries to nip me and if i put my hand into the hutch to add food/water etc He will Dive for my hand.I think he may be very territorial and i need to sort it out.Any suggestions?

Has he been castrated yet? This is probably what is making him territorial and dominant.

No i haven't isn't 11 weeks far to young for that?

I wasn't planning on getting him neutred,i thought he may grow out of it.

He wont grow out of it really. He needs to be neutered. This will calm down their aggression. Male neutering is approx £40-50 depending where you go. Plus neutering reduces there risk of cancers in later life.

His plums will be seen about approx 4-5 months of age. Although this is a guide. Your vet can check when you get your bunny in for the vaccinations.

Get him done if you can, only one of Pierre's 'plums' had dropped and the other was growing in his abdomen. The vet said it might have turned cancerous in later life.

Back