• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this suitable

I think it was too narrow personally, and the hutch/kennel bit too small.

Agree :? The bedding area looked way to small for my liking. Good idea though :) Would of just needed a hutch added onto it or something i guess.

Have you thought about a 6 x 4 shed? You can normally get them for around £100 :) xXx

If this was to be their sole accomodation it is too small. At 9 ' x 2 ' you get a total floor area of 18'. A 6' x 2' hutch will give 12' of floor space without any additional space to excercise in.

In the winter months the enclosed area is too small to offer a dry protected area.

And sorry to change the subject but what moron would have put a medium sized dog in there:shock:?

Thankyou to everyone for your help, i thought it would be too small for a dog and i don't thing that dogs should go in anything like that anyway. Our dog lives in our house.

Agree :? The bedding area looked way to small for my liking. Good idea though :) Would of just needed a hutch added onto it or something i guess.

Have you thought about a 6 x 4 shed? You can normally get them for around £100 :) xXx

Where can you get them for 100.00 from.

I have just realised that we don't have any where to put a shed due to its height as if we put it where we would put a hutch it will be blocking our window and it will be next to the fence which seprates our neighbours garden, so i think that a hutch would be better.

What about one of those bike sheds with a run attatched. You need a bit of diy but I think they provide a good space without dominating the garden if you know what I mean. Sure there are some people who have converted them. They are something like 7' long.

Thankyou to everyone for your help, i thought it would be too small for a dog and i don't thing that dogs should go in anything like that anyway. Our dog lives in our house.

Hi Princess12:wave: Don't worry - I wasn't implying that you were going to keep a dog in there :D. I just saw that in the advert, it said "suitable for one medium sized dog". I thought it was too small even for rabbits (very narrow) so it was inconceivable to me how anyone would advertise it as suitable for a dog. Glad to hear you're managing to get your hutch changed by P@H and hope you get your run sorted out too.

What about one of those bike sheds with a run attatched. You need a bit of diy but I think they provide a good space without dominating the garden if you know what I mean. Sure there are some people who have converted them. They are something like 7' long.

Thats a good idea, only problem is me and my oh are no good at diy.

Hi Princess12:wave: Don't worry - I wasn't implying that you were going to keep a dog in there :D. I just saw that in the advert, it said "suitable for one medium sized dog". I thought it was too small even for rabbits (very narrow) so it was inconceivable to me how anyone would advertise it as suitable for a dog. Glad to hear you're managing to get your hutch changed by P@H and hope you get your run sorted out too.

Hi Mackers, i know, i can't believe it either how they could say its suitable for a dog. I don't understand really why people put their dogs in them. Our dog has free run of our house, he would hate to have to sleep outside.

Back