• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Glowing eyes? white bunnies?

ecudc

Warren Veteran
Strange question I know but panda has dark eyes but when the light shine on them a certain way they go red. I notice this much more on him than any of the other buns which only really happens when you use flash photography. Panda's seem to glow a demonic red colour most of the time, morning noon and night...which isn't to surprising given his personality but is this unusual or is it just a white bunny thing?

He might be a sable or siamese. (is it the spotted one in your sig? If so I'm guessing broken siamese).
Their eyes look red in a certain light. I have a sable myself so I've seen this a lot. She's a pain to take pics of:lol: Her eyes nearly always glow red and if I try to fix it it becomes grey:lol:
It's got nothing to do with the white on him, as the only white bunnies with red eyes are red-eyed white, and their eyes are bright red and pink. Sables are "related" to REW so their eyes have the redish glow about them.

I know with rats, they can often have really dark ruby eyes that look black most of the time, but when light is on them or you look at a certain angle, the red shows

Flop's the same, if the light catches his eyes right, they look really really red, the rest of the time he's got lovely dark eyes. I put it down to some sore of genetic thing as out of the five of them in the litter, two were red eyed whites, two were brown eyed whites and one was brown eyed with darker fur.

yes it is panda on the far right. I shall tell him he is a broken siamese then....and not due to his slightly demonic nature :lol::lol:

Back