• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter tray problems

Loula

Mama Doe
Bella is driving me mad!

She has newspaper and then hay in her litter tray, but has started digging all the hay out of the tray, which is fine, but then weeing straight on to the newspaper. she then ends up with wet feet because she likes standing on the newspaper to eat all the hay she's pushed to the front of the tray :roll::roll:

I cleaned her out about 30 minutes ago and she already has soaking feet, I can't change her tray every half an hour!

Any suggestions as to what to do? Different things to try in her tray? Wee soaked feet on the sofa and rug isn't going down too well with the OH, and me towel drying her feet every 5 minutes isn't going down too well with Bella!

Have you tried Megazorb?
I use it in fudgies tray and she never has wet feet :)
If you have a local farm im sure they will sell it :wave:

Thanks

I will get the OH to nip in to the farm shop on his way home from work tomorrow.

Roughly how long should a sack last? Vague question I know. She's a giant, with a giant litter tray (About 3 1/2ftx2ft)!!

Litter tray is not good for rabbits, I hate it. They pee on the tray, then the urine on the tray goes around, it then soak their feet while they were peeing, the urine has bacteria, and it also matted their feet. Fur that are matted prohibit breathing. The matted fur will eventually wear out and expose it to the bare skin.

I stop using newspaper too. The urine soaked the newspaper and the chemical on the ink get to their feet. So my past buns' feet has black ink on their feet and I really feel guilty seeing that.

I use towel at their favorite spots. Once the towel are soaked, I switch to new towel or turn the towel 180 deg.

Back