• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding this weekend..Aaaaaaaaaa!! Nerves are setting in now!!

Stay calm. :)

That's really my best advice, as when they start pulling fur, you have to be collected and confident when you separate them and then reintroduce. And prep everything beforehand! Spray bottle to stop fights, a towel to stop fights, and a nice small area for bonding are all good to have prepared beforehand and ready at your disposal.

Good luck! ;)

I don't think you have to get too picky with sizes, as I've heard anything from a 5' diameter dog pen to a bathtub being used. As long as it's neutral and they have room to move a bit. :)

Ah brill :) I'm using 2 walls of a room and making up the other 2 walls with my slats from my hexagonal pen! So should be 5" all the way round!!

I'm taking them to my parents house in my old room :) do I take them in the same carry case?

Are they both neutered?

I had a broom and a pair of gardening gloves.

I used an area of 2ft sq to begin with, for two buns, then increased it to about 4ft and see how they react.

IMG_6351.jpg

Don't put hay and food in like this, it ended up everywhere, I started off with pellets the time after that then added hay and veg after.

Yep :) they are both neutered and have met a few times through barriers!

Do I need to take them in the car seperate or in the same box? I've heard mixed opinions on this :oops:

Getting quite nervous about bonding my 2 bunnies at the weekend :oops:

I've made a start on their house (converting shed with run on the side). I put down the lino floor today :) looking good. Got lots more to do...but will do it at the weekend when I'll have more time.

And prep everything beforehand! Spray bottle to stop fights, a towel to stop fights, and a nice small area for bonding are all

This is either gonna make you think "Oh yeah, duh" or "God that woman is thick!" But cos I was taking my buns into a new and neutral area, I forgot about things like hay and water (I had toys, places for them to hide, I'd introduced them over a couple of days, all the tricky bits!!), and once they're together, if you're anything like me, you won't want to leave them for a second!!!

Also it is REALLY frightening when they fight, and your instinct is to split them straight away, but if you keep doing this it will take even longer to bond them, so leave them for as long as you can bare AS LONG AS you're sure they're not doing each other any harm.

ETA: Oooh, and also, next time I would start mine off with a small simple space, and keep them like that until I was CERTAIN they were happily bonded. I made mine a fancy NIC setup, and when they started chasing they just kept falling off shelves n stuff, I was so worried they'd hurt themselves. Even with a 4ftx5ft space it was enough room to properly throw each other around and get hurt!!

I've just packed up my car with everything I need for set up @ mum and dads :D I have the run, boxes, tubes, hay, food, bowl, cleaning products, treats, litter boxes...anything else I'm missing??

I'm getting quite excited now :) buns were on my lttle wall together today and were quite happy in eachothers company...so fingers crossed all goes well at the weekend.

I am hoping to make a decent start on their new home at the weekend...any advice on what I should do when converting shed into home for them?

Back