• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm highly likely to be getting a bun in June

CRBevis

Mama Doe
He's from a rejected easter bunny

The bun was taken in and found to be pregnant and gave birth on the 12th April. She had 4 kits , 1 died. There is 1 girl and 2 boys.
She said I could take my pick of one of the boys as she will try to keep the bro and sis bonded so after their ops can be together. She said she will wean them at 6wks and won't let him go till his 9-10wks so I have until then to be 100% sure. The one I like is a off white with a dusting of grey all over but his ears have alot of grey in and his head.

The other bun she had taken to her already had 4 day old kits and she had 1 left to find a home for , he is 9 wks old. but I said I can't now it to soon, but Wayne fell in love with him and has homed him, he's bit on the small side but lady said with love and care should grow big and strong he's a dwarf lop , white with a bit of cream on his nose back and cream ears, he is small but lots of energy and loves his food and hay. He's named him Rommel.

The lady didn't want anything but Wayne gave her some money to help feed and look after the mum until she can rehome it when it's more stronger if the lady doesn't keep it herself which her husband said is more than likely:)

I bought some hay today and water bottles to take round to the lady to help her with the buns as they eating alot of it and using it for bedding and extra bedding for the kits, she was very grateful and let me have a cuddle with some of the buns. I also looked at the 2 boys I am to choose from and have made a final decision and chosen this little boy who she say's is a seal point, and he has been named Polo.

I am going to get him on 10th June as I have 2 weeks off work so can be here to make sure he is ok and his tummy stays ok with the stress.

I cried on the way home though as seeing them all reminded me of how Bunnie was when she was a baby and I feel guilty for Bunnie and wish I could have her back:cry:

I said to Sue at southampton rabbit rescue that I couldn't take one of the buns she has that will be ready in a couple of weeks as they are mini lops and Bunnie was a mini so I would be comparing tooo much all the time and it be too much of a reminder everyday so that why I have gone with these Dwarfs this other lady got needing homes. I have sponsored a bun at Sue's though and I am waiting to find out who it is she has chosen for me and she is going to send me a picture:D

oh hun im so pleased for youxxx

i know what you mean...i couldnt take on any grey mini lops after losing oscar...

losing willow means no orange and white frenchies or black n white lionheads either...

silly isnt it really but its true....

i want pics as soon as you know.....:lol:

bunnie would be proud not only are getting naohter rabbit but also sponsoring one too...good for you...

xxx

oh hun im so pleased for youxxx

i know what you mean...i couldnt take on any grey mini lops after losing oscar...

losing willow means no orange and white frenchies or black n white lionheads either...

silly isnt it really but its true....

i want pics as soon as you know.....:lol:

bunnie would be proud not only are getting naohter rabbit but also sponsoring one too...good for you...

xxx

She had a boy black and white mini lop there approx 1 and 1/2 years but it made me just want to cry looking at him, especially the eyes:cry:

Back