• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What to do with ashes?

Julia123

Warren Veteran
Hi

I have collected Gabriels ashes today. They are in a beautiful white porcelain urn with flowers in it. The ashes are in a small bag inside.

I'm not sure what to do with them?

At the moment I think I just want to keep them. I have had thoughts of scattering them but no place seems suitable. I thought of buying a tree and planting them with it - but worry what happens if the tree dies, same with a house plant.

I've seen ideas of making them into glass but don't want anyone else touching them now.

What have you done?

For now I'm going to put them in my conservatory. I've had read some beliefs that you trap a part of the soul by keeping the ashes and not returning them to the earth, but I don't believe this I know my boy's soul is free as I feel him.

Aw:( I buried Eclipse's in a pot under a rose bush as I didnt want to scatter them :cry:
Heres a pic of what I did.
n591175374_6314828_1918843.jpg

But mine came like this: I buried the whole thing including the pouch.
n591175374_6314826_1907234.jpg

xxx

Hi Julia :wave: Hope you are ok.

In Indian tradition, we see that our ashes must be scattered at sea, so the soul can continue with its journey through reincarnation. I like to think I am rather spirutual, and I think its a nice concept to take on. We still have Hermys ashes with us, but they are sitting in this little white box in the garden :roll:

Hermy was very much part of our family, and we are now planning a holiday so we can scatter her ashes at sea :).

I think find a lovely park and scatter them there. Your mums garden would also be a lovely place as it is a beutiful garden? When I go I'd like to be a firework but I think that would be hard to arrange :)

Jazzy B that lovely my sister did the same thing for her dog.

Coco, Hiya long time no speak hope you are ok too - Its hard but getting there and Daisy now has a new friend which is a comfort. Maybe I will feel differently after a while about releasing his ashes, has it helped to keep Hermy's with you for a while? I too like to believe I am spiritual but I just don't feel a solution yet and do honestly believe his soul is already released.

I think find a lovely park and scatter them there. Your mums garden would also be a lovely place as it is a beutiful garden? When I go I'd like to be a firework but I think that would be hard to arrange :)

Nope its not I found a site that did that too - just didn't think it was very dignified :shock:

i took my dads ashes to a place he loved (westward ho! in Devon) and threw him off a cliff :shock:

i think Alvin and Pearl will be scattered in a nice field somewhere, finding that field would be a problem in a city tho :?

hope what ever you choose to do will help with your pain xxx

I would want to keep my buns ashes, I could not scatter them.

Mine are going off a cliff in Corfu!

I still have Rubix's, Coco's & Tufty's with me. I think I might plant them in a big pot with a nice plant or something this summer.

i took my dads ashes to a place he loved (westward ho! in Devon) and threw him off a cliff :shock:

i think Alvin and Pearl will be scattered in a nice field somewhere, finding that field would be a problem in a city tho :?

hope what ever you choose to do will help with your pain xxx

you can use one of my fields hun :)

Julia, maybe keep them til something "right" comes to you...it will be different for everyone i guess. still think it would be nice to plant somethign over them though, if it died you could plant something else after all. hope you sort something out. x

We live in rented so we didn't want to scatter ashes anywhere that we couldn't take with us when we leave. Luna's ashes are scatterd in 2 large patio pots and I planted a dwarf Sakura (Cherry Blossom) tree in one and a double-flowering almond blossom in the other :wave:

helloworld2b.jpg

If one of the trees dies we still have the second tree, and also I can compost down any plant that dies and put it back in the soil, and plant something new so Luna will never be lost :)

We scattered Parsley's around her fave plant in the garden that is now called Parsley's corner (that's her next to it in my avatar). I have photo's of her around the house and feel she's with me constantly, especially when I look at the missing wallpaper etc :lol:.

I have Blackies ashes in a locely pebble urn and i planted a plant in his memory in a black pot and have him sitting on top so i can see him :)

I would of loved to burry him somewhere in my garden but when i move house i woulf feel like i was leaving him behind so how he is now is perfect because i can take him with us :)

Each of my bunnies will be in urns and i will keep them until my day comes and i will be burried in an extra large coffin with my babies :oops: That way we will always be together :oops: Im a bit sad i know :lol:

Heres Blackie
Picture224.jpg

I now have 2 rabbit statues at either side to look after him, like his guards :oops:

These are all such lovely ideas.... I guess it takes a little time to know whats right for each of us. So sorry for all your losses :cry: But thank you so much for sharing :love:

Give it a few days to decide :) I decided what i wanted done before i got his ashes, it was what i needed to do and it helped me alot and to be honest....I talk to him all the time :oops: It gives me so much comfort him being here with me and Fudge and i know he is at peace :)

What ever you decide to do im sure your little Angel will be happy and will always be with you :) So sorry for your loss :( Big hugs xx

Back