• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Our new disabled boy has arrived/ Been to the vets

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Thank you to BunBunMum who helped with the bunnyrun yesterday :wave:

This lttile fellow has a serious disability causing major mobility problems :( We hadn't met him before he arrived yesterday and thought it was a case of splay leg but it seems more complicated than that. When he walks his whole back end twists round so that he is nearly walking sideways :? One of his legs does splay out to balance him but it isn't permanently splayed. Watchig him today he often does the splits and pulls himself along with his front legs :(

He has had x-rays in the past and our vet is currently tracking them down so we can find out the cause. His spine feels Ok as do his legs so i am wondering if he has had a major injury to his pelvis. Once we have his notes through he will be getting a thorough check at our vets and possibly more x-rays if necessary. In the meantime we have put him on some pain relief :)

He has a few other minor health issues that we can soon put right and he is also very nervous of being handled, so much so that he is shaking badly :( I guess he finds being handled painful or maybe someone hurt him in the past which has caused his disability.

All being well he has a potential girlybun arriving next weekend so hopefully we can get him sorted quickly and bonded so he can start enjoying his time with us :love:

Here he is last night

HPIM1960.jpg

coming over to say hello!
HPIM1961.jpg

His back end looks a little twisted here, but nothing like how it is when he walks
HPIM1959.jpg

Grabbing a bit of exercise this morning inbetween rain showers

bunny.jpg

HPIM1965.jpg

Last edited:
Oh my, he's such a sweetie. And the colour of a chocolate bar; I could eat him all up. :love::love:

Oh bless him that is so sad, poor little fella :(

It's lovely to know he now has a good home and will have a mate and a good quality of life.

Rabswood

Oh WOW, he is the most gorgeous colour - has he got a name?

Cant wait to see him with a girlie bun! :love::love:

He did come with a name but we will probably change it. We had a few possibilities lined up but now have met him we don't think they suit him :?

Steve affectionately calls him little banana bun because thats what he looks like when he walks.

We were wanting a name to start with G to match his future wife buns name, but we are open to all suggestions :)

He did come with a name but we will probably change it. We had a few possibilities lined up but now have met him we don't think they suit him :?

Steve affectionately calls him little banana bun because thats what he looks like when he walks.

We were wanting a name to start with G to match his future wife buns name, but we are open to all suggestions :)

and there is a clue to his intended ...;)

how about

Gerald
or
George

gerald seems a populare choice :?

I liked Gideon as it means brave but not sure whether it suits him.

We have had his old x-ray results through and it seems like itis a congenital problem with his femur but if that is the case why is it making his body twist so badly :?

He is going for a check up at the end of the week when little Geordie is re checked for his possible neuter :)

Aw, he's a lovely wee boy :love: He looks a bit like my archie :love:

Hope he finds love with a lady bun soon.

Back