• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding four going wrong help needed pls

gill shirlaw

Warren Scout
I have been bonding my two pairs of bunnies over the last two weeks i have bonded a six before that didnt quite go okay but ended up with four that bonded brill and are very happy together and the two that didnt bond living back in their playhouse and run set up.

I had another two rescue bunnies i got before xmas neutered ect and they lived in my garage over winter and that is now the four i am trying to bond. It consists of three does and one buck.

Brought them into my lounge neutral territory and from day o the tow original pair fought quite a bit and then a few days ago two of the does each from one of the pairs started and the fights were getting quite bad and quite frequent that had to keep seperating with water and a brush but unfortunatel a couple of days ago it was very hard to seperate even with the brush and the water and one of my wee does got her ear torn quite badly luckly the vet said it was a clean tear as there was no blood but none the less it was and is bad she doesnt need stitches as where it is it seems to be just flapping about abit but vet said to stitch it would irritate here too much and there was a bigger chance of her ripping it more and causing it toi bleed.
From that i brought them all home together in carrier and they were fine the two that had been fighting one of them actually licked the other when in the vets and just before the fight the four of them had been all sitting in a row so i am completely at a loss as where to go now. I have put a divider up between the four at mo so they can still smell and see each other and the two that had kept fighting do still seem to try and have a wee go at each other through the mesh but wanted to do this rather than just give up completely if any really experienced bonder can tell me what they think i should do is it possible they might still be okay or am i fighting a losing battle i dont want to have upset or hurt bunnies but know what a foursome can be like and seeing my other four so happy together makes me want to not give up unless last resort but not to the detrimont of my bunnies.

Hopefully someone can give me some advice and a way forward as they have now been in living room for nearly two weeks and feel they are getting bored a bit now.

thanks alot
gill:wave:::(

Last edited:
could anybody help me as i am worried about what to do next and it would be very much appreciated if any expert bonders are able to advice me.
thanks
gill:(

I can't really help with the bonding.. I don't have the nerves for it after my failed attempts! But just wanted to say good luck and hope someone comes along that can offer some advice soon. :wave:

thanks very much julie i appreciate that, hope alls well with you and your dad is okay.

How is the fox situation are your bunnies still inside or outside now. Sorry if ive missed a thread on this if i am miles behind been really busy.

take care
gill
x:wave:

Hiya

Things are going well with my dad, thanks. They are down in Centre Parcs just now having a wee break... I hope the weather is better for them than it is up here!

The bunnies are back outside now. Mr F hasn't been in my garden for a couple of months. I did see him next door a wee while ago though. And I saw another one walking along the street as bold as brass this morning at 8am! It was trotting along the street like it owned the place!! :shock:

x

p.s. I'm going to drop you a wee PM just now. :wave:

could anyone advice me.

Janice i have pmd you to see if you could help as i know you very kindly helped before when i phoned you about my bonding six and wondered if you could help again or any other experienced bonders with largew groups pls.

Id really appreciate any advice anyone could give me.

thanks again

gill:wave:

Back